05-03-2015 05:06 PM
85 1234
tools
    Are you sure this isn't just scaremongering?
    11-21-2014 06:46 PM
    Are you sure this isn't just scaremongering?
    He hasn't bricked his device, its sluggish, but its not broken, it can be restored.

Personally, I don't think much of Lollipop on the N7 2012, but devices being bricked via the OTA update is very rare, so rare I haven't read about any, it's certainly not in the thousands as you implied.
    11-21-2014 06:52 PM
    Bricking includes making te experience cr#p. This is with out doubt the worse upgrade I have ever seen! I manage a massive VM server farm, a hge Cisco network plus over 5k PCs and we cope with another cvompasnies poor performance but this??? I epould sack managers and lead developers. You can destroy a reputation easily. Ipad looks good.
    11-21-2014 07:01 PM
    Bricking includes making te experience cr#p. This is with out doubt the worse upgrade I have ever seen! I manage a massive VM server farm, a hge Cisco network plus over 5k PCs and we cope with another cvompasnies poor performance but this??? I epould sack managers and lead developers. You can destroy a reputation easily. Ipad looks good.
    And I would sack someone who writes so poorly and makes so many typos.

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-21-2014 07:07 PM
    I guess I'm lucky. I got the OTA for my nexus 5 a day or so ago and the OTA took about 20 minutes, I wiped my cache partition and lollipop is simply brilliant. I can't say enough good things about it.

daihard2008 and ptkelly like this.
    11-21-2014 07:14 PM
    I guess I'm lucky. I got the OTA for my nexus 5 a day or so ago and the OTA took about 20 minutes, I wiped my cache partition and lollipop is simply brilliant. I can't say enough good things about it.

Its working perfectly fine on my Nexus 5, my N7 2012 really struggled though, so much so I had to get rid of lollipop. I'll give it a month and have another look at it.
    11-21-2014 07:21 PM
    Its working perfectly fine on my Nexus 5, my N7 2012 really struggled though, so much so I had to get rid of lollipop. I'll give it a month and have another look at it.
    Same here. Flashed the factory image on both my Nexus 5 and my 2012 Nexus 7. The former is working beautifully. Like you, the 2012 N7 is pretty slow, but for my purposes (mainly reading e-books with occasional social media), it isn't too bad. I had AOKP 4.4.4 on it before, and the device was already slow.
    11-21-2014 07:34 PM
    This is specific the the first gen N7 - I expect Lollipop to work fine w/ my Moto X but the N7?may try to turn it into a digital Picture Frame or something besides a paperweight
    11-21-2014 08:37 PM
    Got the upgrade earlier today, I have the Nexus 5 and think it runs very nicely.

What apps aren't working for you guys?
    11-21-2014 08:49 PM
    Got the upgrade earlier today, I have the Nexus 5 and think it runs very nicely.

What apps aren't working for you guys?
    The only apps that didn't work for me initially were Titanium Backup, CashFlow std. and MX Player. Their latest versions all work fine now.
    11-21-2014 09:02 PM
    We need to remember that quite a large amount of people were complaining about getting the new OS version. Crying for the new OS. Google took Android L to a whole new level. This means many changes and takes time when this happens. I personally think L should have waited until it was fully ready to be released.
    11-22-2014 06:45 AM
    How can I undo this??? How to 'get rid' of lollipop?
    11-22-2014 08:21 AM
    I have Nexus 5 and I do not care for Lollipop. Battery life is awful, I do not want all my email linked through one account and I do not get notifications anymore of new messages. I also do not want all my contacts linked. I unselected that options but they are still limked. I would really like to uninstall Lollipop. Can this be done?
    11-22-2014 09:53 AM
    WARNING! DO NOT DOWNLOAD LOLLIPOP UPDATE!
    Just because you're having issues doesn't mean everyone is. And btw, every new OS has issues. No exceptions. Even IOS (iphone's OS) had MAJOR issues recently. You probably did an upgrade ota which isn't the best way to do it. Most people that did a clean install report very few issues. I myself flashed the factory image and couldn't be happier.

Do a factory reset which may help. What device are you using?

Every time any company releases a new OS we have to read posts like this, and then get warnings from people not to upgrade. <sigh> When kitkat was released, it was the same thing. Some things never change..........

I have Nexus 5 and I do not care for Lollipop. Battery life is awful, I do not want all my email linked through one account and I do not get notifications anymore of new messages. I also do not want all my contacts linked. I unselected that options but they are still limked. I would really like to uninstall Lollipop. Can this be done?
    Do a factory reset before giving up, or flash the factory image from here: https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images

I also have a nexus 5, and it works perfectly for me. But I used the factory image, did not do the ota upgrade.

How can I undo this??? How to 'get rid' of lollipop?
    See factory image link above and follow the directions.
    daihard2008 likes this.
    11-22-2014 11:29 AM
    Honestly don't know what to think. Pick a device and seemingly half the users say "works great, best update evah!" and half the users say "the HORROR, worst update evah!" There are enough people having real problems that they can't all be cranks and trolls, so IMO there's reasonable doubt. I'm going to wait until there's a 5.01 release for my devices. Kit Kat works perfect fine.
    ptkelly likes this.
    11-22-2014 12:23 PM
    I am NOT updating to lollipop until all this is worked out. glad I haven't got the ota.
    11-22-2014 01:02 PM
    Oh man, looks like we'll have to wait long for OTA on Nexus 7. Anyways how's Viber on Lolipop? anyone with N7 or any Nexus?
    11-22-2014 01:55 PM
    I have similar LPop side effects on my N7 OTA that this group has:https://productforums.google.com/for...us/to2BHjmhh-I[526-550-false]
    11-22-2014 03:23 PM

Yup, n5 loves lollipop on my end. N7 2013 seems to run better as well, though it needed a cache partition wipe. Ran like crap before that. No serious issues.

Posted from my Nexus 7 2013 via Android Central App
    11-22-2014 04:54 PM
    Its your apps not the OS. Try updating your apps
    frankenhooker likes this.
    11-22-2014 04:59 PM
    Its your apps not the OS. Try updating your apps
    Its a little bit of everything in my opinion, apps, OS and hardware in the first gen N7's case. If asked, I wouldn't recommend updating, at least not yet. Let Google Iron out bugs and let the developers catch up.
    11-22-2014 05:10 PM
    I don't think lollipop looks terrible or anything, but I don't like the new lockscreen much.
    11-22-2014 11:37 PM
    I have a 1st gen N7. Havent tried to load 5.0 b/c its running like crap on KK....
    11-23-2014 11:31 AM
    I am so not techy and I looked at the link to factory reset. It has the potential to wipe out all your pictures and apps you downloaded, it this true? I still do not like it for my N5 for 4 reasons. 1 - battery life sucks. I have not used my phone all day. Fully charged this morning left it on a table. 6 hours later when I went to make a call it had turned off with only 2% power left. 2 - ALL my contacts are now on my phone. I do not need every person from work that I ever emailed but are NOT listed in my work contacts on my phone. I went into setting to un sync and they are still there. 3 - hate the new all white keyboard and cannot change the look. 4 - email is now all through my gmail account, combined. Some may like that it is all in one I personally do not plus I do not get notification of new email. This I need for work purposes. Notifications are checked but still not getting any. Not even that little white blinking dot.
    So if any of you techy people want to tell me how to get better battery life, notifications for email, un sync my contacts and ability to change keyboard please do.
    11-23-2014 02:01 PM
    Three things solve most problems after every major change and OTA rollout.
    1. Re-install apps that haven't been recently updated.
    2. Clear the Cache Partition.
    3. Do a Factory Reset. (May be more important for smooth operation.)

Does it take a little time? YEP. It's time well spent to have smooth operation and a quicker operation.
    11-23-2014 11:24 PM
85 1234