05-03-2015 05:06 PM
85 ... 234
tools
    - No ability to just have notifications on status bar. The choice is no notificaitons on lock screen, notification on lock screen with no information (which puts a big block of empty space on your lock screen) or full notifications on lockscreen (which puts up the same block on teh lockscreen but now anybody can read your text / email etc). I prefer the lockscreen remain discreet with no information and just the icon to show that there is a message. That option isn't available
    This is a good point. I would like an icon signifying an event has happened not necessarily displaying the text. As it did in KK.
    11-27-2014 06:15 AM
    Hi -- I'm new to Android, having recently emigrated from the Windows Phone universe. So I am not up to see on the technical stuff as yet. I have two questions that some of you old salts might be able to help me out with.

1. Should I get Lollipop on my Moto G (2013) or stick with KitKat? Sounds like people have had very different experiences with this upgrade - any Moto G owners here who got Lollipop?

2. If I use the encryption feature on KitKat how much will it slow the phone down? If anyone has used encryption on Lollipop I'd be interested in your experiences also.

Thanks very much

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-27-2014 09:05 AM
    WARNING! DO NOT DOWNLOAD LOLLIPOP UPDATE! I just got the update yesterday.This new update is junk and now multiple applications don't work properly. It has also added multiple useless steps just opening the phone, trying to dial a contact, looking at email. Skype doesn't work, the calender doesn't work properly. I called up customer support and I have been advised that now I can't get rid of the operating system and go back to KitKat so I have to spend hours just getting my normal apps to work properly. They couldn't even help with my non-functioning apps because they don't know enough about it. They referred me to the website for all my questions. Complete junk! Very pissed!
    WOW, I've side loaded Lollipop on one Nexus 4 and Nexus 7 as well as OTA update on my wife's Nexus 4 and all three run well. You don't mention the phone brand, it can be reverted to KitKat manually.
    11-27-2014 09:15 AM
    Hi -- I'm new to Android, having recently emigrated from the Windows Phone universe. So I am not up to see on the technical stuff as yet. I have two questions that some of you old salts might be able to help me out with.

1. Should I get Lollipop on my Moto G (2013) or stick with KitKat? Sounds like people have had very different experiences with this upgrade - any Moto G owners here who got Lollipop?

2. If I use the encryption feature on KitKat how much will it slow the phone down? If anyone has used encryption on Lollipop I'd be interested in your experiences also.

Thanks very much

I have Nexus 4 and 7, both were encrypted while on kitkat and now on lollipop, I've not seen any slow down.
    11-27-2014 09:16 AM
    To be fair, the N7 2012 is the device that's having the most problems with the update. I flashed mine back to KitKat. You might change your mind when it hits your N7.
    I agree that of all the devices that have gotten a Lollipop update, the 2012 Nexus 7 is the most problematic - due mainly to its hardware spec, in my understanding. I have Lollipop on my 2012 N7 and yes, it is pretty slow. Having said that, I don't think it's that much slower than KitKat. Granted that I don't do much on it - mainly reading e-books and browsing web, I still find the device quite usable. YMMV.
    11-27-2014 09:26 AM
    I have Nexus 4 and 7, both were encrypted while on kitkat and now on lollipop, I've not seen any slow down.
    Thank you -- definitely seems to be a different experience on the various devices. Even allowing for the hardware differential, it is a bit scary to see such a wide range of experiences of the same OS. Just reading a page or two here brings you all the way from "all well, no problems" to "my phone ran off with my wife" and everything in between!

11-27-2014 10:25 AM
    to "my phone ran off with my wife"

Which phone was that? Can I buy one?

Samsung Galaxy S4 And 4.4.2 Switched from Z10 July 26.2014 STAYING AWAY FROM LP
    Jalopiejoe and Hypnotoadd like this.
    05-03-2015 09:09 AM
    Hi all this is my first Android phone was previously a iphone addict but have been converted brought my note 4 3 weeks ago with kit kat 4.4 and loved it got the lollypop 5.0.1 yesterday and it's useless hait how it looks my battery is draining to the point I get less then 6 houres of casual use from it that's will all notifications and battery saving tips I could find used I'll be downgrading soon as. Just a question if u back up the phone via kies then downgrade and restore it via kies will that put crappy lollypop back on of just my apps and data

05-03-2015 09:49 AM
    I'm holding off until my phone gets 5.1.1. Which probably won't happen until this fall when I buy a new phone so I guess I'll be on 4.4.4 until then 😁
    05-03-2015 04:04 PM
    My S6 Edge (bought Friday) came with 5.0.2 and has no problems at all so far. The battery life is stellar as well. Came from T-mobile to Verizon. Loving everything so far!
    05-03-2015 05:06 PM
85 ... 234