05-03-2015 05:06 PM
85 123 ...
tools
    WARNING! DO NOT DOWNLOAD LOLLIPOP UPDATE! I just got the update yesterday.This new update is junk and now multiple applications don't work properly. It has also added multiple useless steps just opening the phone, trying to dial a contact, looking at email. Skype doesn't work, the calender doesn't work properly. I called up customer support and I have been advised that now I can't get rid of the operating system and go back to KitKat so I have to spend hours just getting my normal apps to work properly. They couldn't even help with my non-functioning apps because they don't know enough about it. They referred me to the website for all my questions. Complete junk! Very pissed!
    Fred Villena likes this.
    11-20-2014 03:16 PM
    I'm sorry you're experiencing such a bad update, but can you tell us which device you're using? Yes, an OS update is bound to run into issues, especially with un-updated apps that won't be ready from the get-go, but there are also a lot of users out there who are loving the Lollipop experience.

I haven't received an update since I have a carrier-branded Note 4, so I really can't attest to the pros and/or cons of Lollipop.
    11-20-2014 03:32 PM
    I agree, it's rubbish, I got it yesterday on my Nexus 10, but I will not be downloading it onto my N4 and N7.

Firstly, I don't like the look of it, and the new keyboard is awful. But worst of all, Light Flow crashes upon startup, and the Exchanges Services keeps crashing, and a pop-up message keeps appearing to tell me so, like every 10-15 seconds, interrupting whatever I'm doing at the time. Bloody annoying!

There are a few other apps that are misbehaving as well. I'm thinking of doing a factory reset to go back to KitKat, but I don't want to go through all that mucking about getting it setup back to how I have it. Seriously brassed off!
    11-20-2014 04:47 PM
    The apps will be updated, we've gone to a new runtime it'll take a while to adapt.

That said, I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like lollipop! It looks horrible, and they they've totally ruined the lock screen!

Wubba lubba dub dub!
    11-20-2014 05:00 PM
    I got the update and had problems until I did a factory restore. Now it's fine. I like it. I have read posts by people who have updated with Android 5.0 and like it but I suppose they just don't know how bad it must be.
    11-20-2014 05:02 PM
    The apps will be updated pretty fast,but the system has some problems.
    11-20-2014 05:22 PM
    I have a nexus 7 Wi-Fi 2013 and I have not gotten the update. I really am on the fence about getting it. I also have a droid turbo and am somewhat thankful that VZW and Moto will be awhile before I get it on the Turbo as they can fix the bugs and improve the things they messed up. I can live with a messed up N7 but would be seriously tick if my phone is messed up.
    11-20-2014 08:46 PM
    Mine runs everything fine

Posted via Android Central App
    11-20-2014 10:12 PM
    No problems of note here on my Nexus 4.
    daihard2008 and leegreg81 like this.
    11-20-2014 10:42 PM
    Nexus 7 2013 wifi here and zero problems with mine. Still getting used to lollipop

sent from my nexus 7 on lollipop 5.0
    daihard2008 likes this.
    11-20-2014 10:46 PM
    I am getting massive battery drain and yes I did a factory reset and partition wipe three times already. I wish I stayed with kit may instead of shoving this lollypop crap.
    11-21-2014 01:22 AM
    I am getting massive battery drain and yes I did a factory reset and partition wipe three times already. I wish I stayed with kit may instead of shoving this lollypop crap.
    Yeah my battery seems pretty lousy, even for my nexus 4.

And is anyone else's sound a little off?

Wubba lubba dub dub!
    11-21-2014 02:07 AM
    On my nexus 5 all working fine .
    11-21-2014 02:44 AM
    I updated my Nexus 7 (2012) on Monday. I think this update has the potential to be good and I like the new keyboard coloring as well as the info on the lock screen. However, I have noticed quite a few problems. My apps crash and sometimes the entire tablet turns off for no reason at all. It freezes and lags all the time and don't even think about getting on Chrome (I've always had trouble with Chrome being slow but it is now unusable). Simple tasks that would have taken no time at all before the update now take forever. I have also noticed that my battery drains much faster since the update. My boyfriend is experiencing many of these same problems.

I'm giving Android the benefit of the doubt on this as glitches and bugs are to be expected with a new update just out of the gate, and I haven't had any significant problems with them in the past.

However, I would really like to see this fixed soon so that I can go back to using my tablet daily as I am accustomed to.
    11-21-2014 04:05 AM
    I have a Nexus 7 too, I got a notification of updates for mine their was no mention of upgrading the operating system to Android 5.0, anyways I allowed it to update then found out it was a update to Android 5.0, had I known it was a update to Android 5.0 I would have waited and searched the web to learn more, I was 100% happy with what I had everything was working perfectly.

Now I have a few apps that does not work and wont start.

I really dont care for any of the cosmetic changes and function changes they have made like the direction I have to swipe the screen to unlock it, after swiping 10k times in the past I now have to change directions to unlock my tablet, also now their is notifications when I am trying to unlock my device, I liked where the old notifications were kept.

I wish their was a way to uninstall Android 5.0 and restore my tablet back to where it was before the upgrade.

I wish they would have MADE IT CLEAR your UPGRADING TO Android 5.0!
    Anthony Hagger likes this.
    11-21-2014 04:37 AM
    WARNING!!! IGNORE THE ORIGINAL POST!!!
    "The new update is junk." Now that's specific. I don't find it to be junk.
    "Multiiple applications won't work." I'm so glad it's more than one and just as glad that the OP doesn't bother to say which applications don't work. Once I did a restore to factory I had a few apps that didn't appear but all that did, worked fine. I have four dictionaries, two that I paid for, YouTube, Google Maps, Kindle, Chrome, and a metric converter app and they all work fine.
    "It also has multiple useless steps just to open the phone." That must be unique to your phone. My Nexus 5 opens the same as before. I did have to use GMail as an email client but my email opens just like it did before.
    I was also aware that once I started the process to upgrade to Android 5.0, Android 4.4.4 would be history and recovering it would be a major operation. I'm sure they just told me, though.

But, I did understand the OP was pissed. Oh, very pissed.
    Robert Jordan1 likes this.
    11-21-2014 07:01 AM
    Once I did a restore to factory I had a few apps that didn't appear but all that did, worked fine.
    I keep seeing this from a lot of users on here. You'll have to forgive my ignorance since I just now have my first real Android phone, but are you saying that you applied 5.0 and that it didn't take so well so you had to do a factory reset and now it's fine? I'm thinking about side loading L on my Moto X 2014 since Motorola has obviously put a hold on the OTA rollout, but I don't like the idea of having to factory reset. Wont you lose a lot of data/game progress/etc?
    11-21-2014 09:25 AM
    I keep seeing this from a lot of users on here. You'll have to forgive my ignorance since I just now have my first real Android phone, but are you saying that you applied 5.0 and that it didn't take so well so you had to do a factory reset and now it's fine? I'm thinking about side loading L on my Moto X 2014 since Motorola has obviously put a hold on the OTA rollout, but I don't like the idea of having to factory reset. Wont you lose a lot of data/game progress/etc?
    If you factory reset, yes, you will lose app data. It varies by app, however. Some games have a backup feature (either though Google Play or through some other login), but others will not save your progress. Same goes with regular apps. Check to see if they have a back-up/restore option in their settings. Also, Google does back up some information themselves, and any apps you had installed will automatically be reinstalled upon logging in to your Google account after the reset (assuming you installed them through Google Play).

Just FYI: sideloading Lollipop requires a factory reset as part of the process. If you don't want to do that, wait for the OTA and do a cache wipe after it updates.
    11-21-2014 10:58 AM
    Thousands of bricked N7 devices lie resting because of the 5.0 OTA. Beware.
    oz2az and frankenhooker like this.
    11-21-2014 03:24 PM
    I havent got a new update for 5.0 but man im loving Lollipop...not sure what everyones problem is. OK some apps dont work but im sure its the developers whom have had many months to get 5.0 ready and dropped the ball. Love the new lock screen.
    ptkelly likes this.
    11-21-2014 03:43 PM
    Not here. I just flashed Lollipop onto my 2012 Nexus 7 last night. Is it slow? Yes. Is it unusable? No.
    Anthony Hagger likes this.
    11-21-2014 04:28 PM
    I agree with the OP. Downloading lollipop has been my worst mistake in the 5 years I've had android devices. Now have no flash capability. Tried downloading flashfox but as that crashed every 10 seconds I had to uninstall it. MXplayer cannot be played, the system crashes without fail every hour, takes forever to load a page. Chrome is unusable as is puffin (which I downloaded for flash support)
    When I hit the back button a completely different app will open up, basically my nexus 10 has been rendered useless and to say I'm pissed off is an understatement indeed.
    If I knew how to safely go back to kit kat I wouldn't have a seconds thought.
    11-21-2014 04:34 PM
    Massive overreaction that, scaremongering really. Lollipop doesn't seem to be running too well on the Nexus 7, especially the 2012 model, but I highly doubt its bricking devices, especially in their thousands.

My own device's performance nosedived, I went back to Cyanogenmod, now its fine.
    daihard2008 likes this.
    11-21-2014 04:40 PM
    I agree, it's rubbish, I got it yesterday on my Nexus 10, but I will not be downloading it onto my N4 and N7.

Firstly, I don't like the look of it, and the new keyboard is awful. But worst of all, Light Flow crashes upon startup, and the Exchanges Services keeps crashing, and a pop-up message keeps appearing to tell me so, like every 10-15 seconds, interrupting whatever I'm doing at the time. Bloody annoying!

There are a few other apps that are misbehaving as well. I'm thinking of doing a factory reset to go back to KitKat, but I don't want to go through all that mucking about getting it setup back to how I have it. Seriously brassed off!
    I still think Lollipop is crap, but things are on the improve. I deleted my Corporate account (to eliminate the constant Exchange Services crashes) and downloaded Nine Exchange ActiveSync - it works like a peach And the folks behind Light Flow are on the job, I got an update over night, and it now works fine. Plus, from another thread, I was able to re-install the original Gallery app and re-installed Media Organizer, so I'm back in business there as well. I still have a few apps that are having problems, but overall I now have a usable tablet again. I'd still prefer to go back to KitKat, but I'm afraid that's one for the "too-hard" basket.
    11-21-2014 04:58 PM
    Updated N7 1st gen and it now resembles a petrified dinosaur turd. Just hideously slow and plodding - have followed all the on line recommendations regarding cache etc - it's unusable
    11-21-2014 06:29 PM
85 123 ...