Default Navigation / Geo Apps with Lollipop

Matt McHeck

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Anyone else having this problem?

With Lollipop, I can't seem to set any other default navigation/geo app than Google Maps.
I tried clearing the default data from settings -> apps, I also even tried Default App Manager.

When I want to navigate to an address out of Google Now/Search, I don't even get asked what navigation App I would like to use. Google Maps just pops up and there we are... Moreover it even seems to delete the default entry I set with Default App Manager.

Does anyone know a fix or workaround for this?

Nexus 5
Stock 5.0 from factory image, not OTA
root

Tried with:
Navigate 6, Navfree, GPS Navigator

No issues on 4.4.4 (except Navigate 6, but that is another story), also with other apps.

Yes, I've been trying a lot of navigation apps there ;) Sticking to Navigate now.

Thank you!! :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'm not familiar with anything called Default App Manager--is that a 3rd party app, or are you referring to the system settings?

Just to be clear, you've gone to Settings>Apps, tapped Menu, and then Reset App Preferences?

Last edited:

Matt McHeck

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Thank you! I've been a long time reader, but had never registered.

Yes, I tried clearing all app settings like you described, as well as per app specifically. No difference there.

Default App Manager is a little tool to help set app defaults. Normally I try to stay clear of such tools, as I believe there is always a chance to mess with the system. ;)
It was quite interesting to see the settings changed after Google Maps had started once again...

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech