Why has my Android OS reversed and flipped upside down?

Jessica Rabbid

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Android OS reversed and flipped upside down

I have a Nexus 5. It just did an update to android 5.0. This morning I looked at my phone and it flipped and reversed. I did a factory reset to no avail. I am ready to throw this phone out the window.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: Android OS reversed and flipped upside down

I'm not sure about the upside down part, but there is a developer option which will flip right-to-left (it's great for messing with your buddies or coworkers!). Maybe you accidentally enabled it?

Settings -> Developer Options -> Force RTL Layout direction.

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site

I'm not sure about the upside down part, but there is a developer option which will flip right-to-left (it's great for messing with your buddies or coworkers!). Maybe you accidentally enabled it?

Settings -> Developer Options -> Force RTL Layout direction.

I tried that option in order to bring the application's main button to the bottom left corner. (I'm a leftie.) I just couldn't stand it! Everything was flipped from left to right, including the entries in the notification bar and buttons on the navbar. That was way too much..

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

makarand14

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site

OK sorry about the earlier reply. Try turning auto rotate off from settings ( also in drop down menu )

Hold the phone right side up. Report back if it works.

My guess is you locked the orientation of the phone to portrait when it was upside down.

- Nexus 7 (2013) on Stock Lollipop

Roy Hooper

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site

Newbie, the force rtl fixed my problem and I do recall tinkering with the settings so it was something that I did. It's all back to normal now thanks to you!

Last edited:

TokTuB

Aug 9, 2016
Visit site
Thank you SO much. I had to activate the developer options on my Galaxy S7 in order to restore my calendar entries from my S5. I must have somehow hit that setting while in there. I couldn't imagine having to use my phone that way! Ack. Thanks again

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay