Hello!

I’ve been looking for a way to set when the Nexus 5 rings and when it doesn’t. The Interruptions feature on Lollipop seems like it might do it, but just wondering if any of you folks that are much better at this than I am can help me get there!

I seem to have the opposite need for what Interruptions was intended for. I’d like for it to be on vibrate during the work day, and then have calls/text make sounds while I am sleeping (say 11pm to 7am). The reason for this is I’d like to be reachable and woken up in case someone has an emergency, and I sleep through it vibrating on the nightstand. If I could limit the ringtone to just people in my contacts list, even better. I know I can set it to not interrupt while I'm at work, but I'd like it to vibrate vs be silent.

Currently I just leave it on vibrate most of the time and use the volume buttons as needed, which is not that big a deal but it would be awesome if that could be automated somehow. Any thoughts/suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks so much!
    11-21-2014 02:22 PM
    I've been playing with these new settings and I don't know how you could do that. New Lollipop priorities lets you decide what interrupts and what doesn't, and you can control that by time of day, but the vibrate versus sound setting is global (except for the exceptions you create app by app).

You could use an automation app, something like Tasker. Set all of your priorities and notifications as you like them with sound, then create a setting to switch your phone to vibrate at 7AM, and back to sound when you go to sleep.
    daihard2008 likes this.
    11-21-2014 02:32 PM
    I use the VIP calling situation in an app called Locale to accomplish this.

Hello!

I’ve been looking for a way to set when the Nexus 5 rings and when it doesn’t. The Interruptions feature on Lollipop seems like it might do it, but just wondering if any of you folks that are much better at this than I am can help me get there!

I seem to have the opposite need for what Interruptions was intended for. I’d like for it to be on vibrate during the work day, and then have calls/text make sounds while I am sleeping (say 11pm to 7am). The reason for this is I’d like to be reachable and woken up in case someone has an emergency, and I sleep through it vibrating on the nightstand. If I could limit the ringtone to just people in my contacts list, even better. I know I can set it to not interrupt while I'm at work, but I'd like it to vibrate vs be silent.

Currently I just leave it on vibrate most of the time and use the volume buttons as needed, which is not that big a deal but it would be awesome if that could be automated somehow. Any thoughts/suggestions would be much appreciated!

Thanks so much!
    11-22-2014 02:37 PM
    Try Llama in the Play Store.
    12-01-2014 04:03 PM