How do I get the link back to upgrade to Lollipop on Nexus 7?

sib3278

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Upgrading to Lollipop on Nexus 7

Earlier this week a notification to update my Nexus 7 to Lollipop came up in my notification center. I didn't have the time to update it when it first appeared and I ended up forgetting about it until a couple of days ago. When I went back to do the update the link was gone and when I went to the check for updates in settings it said no update was available. My nexus still shows that I am running Android 4.4.4.
Any clues on what happened? I am very new to android and all my previous devices have been Apple.

MetalMike901

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Re: Upgrading to Lollipop on Nexus 7

It is possible Google has recalled the update due to severe performance issues after upgrading. They may have pushed the notification to your device, then pulled the update.

Posted via Android Central App with my white Nexus 4 on Cricket

fed123

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site

Mine is working great after a factory reset.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Tinkerdog

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site

I finally gave up waiting and side loaded the image. Except for one of my apps that didn't run correctly, everything I use (Facebook, Google Mail, Youtube) work as expected. Speed is same as before. So, I don't know why some users are having such problems. :confused:
I am happy with it as it is now :) , but will welcome any new updates to fix the bugs!

John Maxwell

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site

Amen. Google screwed up on this one.
I mostly use my Nexus 7 as an e-book reader, and Lollipop hosed it up even for something as simple as that.
Reports I'm seeing are that 2012 Nexus 7s (like mine) are messed up by Lollipop, but the 2013 versions aren't. Lucky me.

sjsamdrake

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site

I had the exact same thing happen on my 2013 N7...but mine went a step farther and downloaded the 500+ MB update, and then didn't install it. Like you, mine is still on 4.4.4 and now says it's up to date.

I sure wish we had some sort of reading from Google as to whether they indeed pulled the update or whether our Nexuses (Nexii?) have somehow been forgotten....

...Sam