01-20-2017 05:16 PM
47 12
tools
    this app works a treat, thanks for solving this pain !!
    09-01-2015 07:24 AM
    I hate it when people turn a simple question on a forum into a place for pointless suggestions and arguments. Example, adrianflores if your only answer is for everyone to live with it, why even log in to post such an irrelevant reply?

Anyways, thats my rant as well, heres my solution:

Try "Simpler Contacts & Dialer" from Google Play. It is super clean compared to Google illogical dialer. It still feels like Lollipop, comes with good merge detection for duplicate contacts and has "Show only contacts with phones" option.
    What are you ranting about, mate? Read all my comments. I initially posted in this forum because I too wanted to find a way to only show mobile contacts in the list. It annoyed me at the time. What you read (and missinterpreted) was my response to someone talking about a "fix" for something that doesn't need "fixing", not because is not a problem for a lot of people, but because it's not something that is working improperly or missbehaving. Even in that comment I said thath I wish it wasn't that way. Typing the name or adding favorites is still a better option than installing a bloated third party app, IMO. Don't like that suggestion? Don't try it.
    09-01-2015 04:26 PM
    This is quite a big problem for us where i work.
    We have several 1000 users with android phones and we have exhange enviroment.
    And oulook saves all e-mail adresses in "suggested contacts".
    Before Lollipop we could easy set "show only contacts with phonen numbers".
    To get the users phones to show just the contacts they them self added.
    But on phones running Lollipop they have huge amount of contacts with only e-mail.

I cant honest understand why they removed that option.
    Almost every day we have users who get new phones and gets really annoyed because of it.
    So I really hope there will be a "fix".
    Since even if they empty the "suggested contacts" "map" in outlook.
    Most of them will have several hundreds new contacts at the end of the day.
    Since the amount of e-mail they get in there work.
    10-07-2015 12:43 PM
    This thread is super old but I just found the solution. From dialer > settings > contacts > only contacts with phones. Hope this helps someone.
    10-16-2015 07:18 AM
    This thread is super old but I just found the solution. From dialer > settings > contacts > only contacts with phones. Hope this helps someone.
    Um. There is no "contacts" under settings when clicking from the dialer??
    11-11-2015 04:14 PM
    I had a HTC One it loaded contacts to my car without any trouble. I now have a OnePlus 2 it just won't load them it initially said it was because there were too many contact now it just falls over and will not do anything. All other aspects of the Phone work well with the car just not the contacts.
    11-20-2015 06:41 PM
    Glad I found this thread. Google and their "great" ideas... looks like the solution for now is to go with a third party Dailer/Contact app.
    12-01-2015 10:20 AM
    Please download Contacts Cleaner Merge & Clean (MarKluSoft) from play store its working.....
    12-03-2015 09:47 PM
    Very annoying that all contacts show up in search that you e-mailed once. Not necessarily a contact at all. This is what I did to fix:
    • Remove Google account
    • Reinstall Google account
    • Quickly go to Google account settings and turn off contact synch.
    Worked for me…
    12-10-2015 12:00 AM
    There is no option to "display contacts" You are running a different version I think.
    12-10-2015 02:06 PM
    My work vehicle has got a terrible hands free kit that continuously breaks down because it can't handle contacts without phone numbers.
    01-06-2016 04:13 AM
    I do not know if it is Lollipop 5.1 or HTC, but I have this in Phone --> People --> Settings.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails How do I display only contacts with phone numbers on Lollipop?-1193.jpg  
    01-06-2016 09:21 AM
    I'm on Galaxy A8, Lollipop 5.1.1
    I figured it this way to show contact as I want ... No extra App required (at least for me)

1. Go to contacts > More > Settings
    2. Click "Contacts to Display"
    3. Choose from the available accounts/list

How do I display only contacts with phone numbers on Lollipop?-contacts.jpg
    I hope this helps someone
    01-10-2016 12:37 AM
    I'm on Galaxy A8, Lollipop 5.1.1
    I figured it this way to show contact as I want ... No extra App required (at least for me)

1. Go to contacts > More > Settings
    2. Click "Contacts to Display"
    3. Choose from the available accounts/list

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Contacts.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	212713
    I hope this helps someone
    Perfect instructions, many thanks.
    01-13-2016 10:42 AM
    For some ppl its not an issue but others may like to have their contacts numbers and email ids in separate apps.

So latest androids versions 4.x and 5.x don’t have that “contacts with numbers only” option in stock phone app as earlier, so here is a way I helped myself with the problem on my Moto G1.

1.take backup of your phone book with whatever app you are comfortable with and save that file for safe side in your mail.

2.Disable the google contacts sync by going to Android settings app, settings>accounts>google>Accounts Sync gmail id
    How do I display only contacts with phone numbers on Lollipop?-screenshot_2016-01-19-20-27-08.png

3.download these two tiny apps from playstore, A)Contacts2vcf B)Delete All Contacts.

How do I display only contacts with phone numbers on Lollipop?-screenshot_2016-01-19-20-28-05.pngHow do I display only contacts with phone numbers on Lollipop?-screenshot_2016-01-19-20-36-55.png
    The cotacts2vcf app, can read only the contacts with phone numbers, Use that app to write those contacts to a vcf file and save it.
    Now your "contacts with phone numbers only" are saved in a vcf file in your phone memory (have a note of the location where it was saved).

Use the Delete all contacts app to delete the contacts which are there in the phone memory.

So by now you left with no contacts in your phone, next thing is to download the backed up contacts by contacts2vcf.

4.Now open the vcf file earlier saved, by this all numbers only contacts will be in your stock phone app.

I hope it helps you.
    01-19-2016 09:45 AM
    [...] So latest androids versions 4.x and 5.x don’t have that “contacts with numbers only” [...]
    That is not true, see my post quoted below.

I do not know if it is Lollipop 5.1 or HTC, but I have this in Phone --> People --> Settings.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-19-2016 10:31 AM
    Well, here's the facts from the future. Using Android N Preview 3 on a Nexus 6P, and there is no easy way to do this. I'm sure that are some apps that do this, but I'd rather not add more apps just for this.

I have no idea why, it just makes sense to me to only display contacts with phone numbers when I get to contacts from the phone dialer, but no.

I'm so disappointed. Last time I had an Android phone (4.4.2) you could do this easily. I have no idea why Google would eliminate such an intuitive, obvious option.
    06-01-2016 09:20 PM
    I registered just to post a good workaround for this.
    You need to have all the contacts synced with google account.
    Go to gmail, then press "gmail" and switch to contacts http://i.imgur.com/Na00OfC.png
    It should switch you to the new google contacts. On the left menu press more, then "Leave the contacts preview" http://i.imgur.com/6ImFUOr.png
    Should bring you back to old contacts editor
    Now, what you need to do is select the contacts with numbers, and add them to a separate group using this button http://i.imgur.com/IcmsyvN.png.
    You can select them manually if there's not too much of them, or you can use excel to sort them out:
    Press "more..."->export->to .csv, then open excel, Data tab, Import data, from text, select the exported .csv, select comma as separator. You should have a big spreadsheet imported with all of the contacts.
    Now select all, find the column with numbers and check its letter(in my case "AE"), now press Sort http://i.imgur.com/XaL67Tm.png, then in the window select the column you checked earlier, and choose from biggest to lowest.
    Now you should have all the numbers from the top and then at some point, the contacts without numbers should be starting at some point and go till the end. Select the latter and delete. Save as .csv, then import in google contacts. They should be imported to a separate group, like "imported on 6/6/666".
    Now go to contacts on your phone->display perferences->customize, select only the group you've just created.
    08-01-2016 04:22 PM
    On my Nexus 5 with Android 4.4.4, the phone dialer had a "All Contacts" tab which only displayed my google contacts with phone numbers. That's the way I like it since I have a few hundred contacts in my google account and only 20% of them have phone numbers.

Now that I upgraded to Android 5, there is no "All Contact" tab in the dialer. Instead, there is a "Contacts" tab which basically show all my contacts with or without phone numbers. Setting "Contact to Display" in the "Contacts" app doesn't change the way Contact is being displayed in the dialer either. Is there any option to make the dialer to display only Contacts with phone number on Lollipop? Thanks.
    Hi

Goto settings, applications and then you can see phone as an application there. Enter there and there is option - hide contacts without numbers 😀
    08-09-2016 10:58 AM
    Hi,
    The solution to the issue for me was to use the contact list from the dialer.
    This contact list is green (not orange like the classic contact list) and is reachable from a "contact" tab in the dialer. This contact list only contains contacts with phone numbers.
    08-31-2016 12:51 PM
    I registered just to post a good workaround for this.
    You need to have all the contacts synced with google account.
    Go to gmail, then press "gmail" and switch to contacts http://i.imgur.com/Na00OfC.png
    It should switch you to the new google contacts. On the left menu press more, then "Leave the contacts preview" http://i.imgur.com/6ImFUOr.png
    Should bring you back to old contacts editor
    Now, what you need to do is select the contacts with numbers, and add them to a separate group using this button http://i.imgur.com/IcmsyvN.png.
    You can select them manually if there's not too much of them, or you can use excel to sort them out:
    Press "more..."->export->to .csv, then open excel, Data tab, Import data, from text, select the exported .csv, select comma as separator. You should have a big spreadsheet imported with all of the contacts.
    Now select all, find the column with numbers and check its letter(in my case "AE"), now press Sort http://i.imgur.com/XaL67Tm.png, then in the window select the column you checked earlier, and choose from biggest to lowest.
    Now you should have all the numbers from the top and then at some point, the contacts without numbers should be starting at some point and go till the end. Select the latter and delete. Save as .csv, then import in google contacts. They should be imported to a separate group, like "imported on 6/6/666".
    Now go to contacts on your phone->display perferences->customize, select only the group you've just created.
    Thanks, solved it this way!
    11-16-2016 01:57 PM
    I solved installing the "Contatti & Telefono - drupe" APP from the Play Store.
    01-20-2017 05:16 PM
47 12