Why Can't I Get Lollipop 5.0 on Google Nexus 7 2013

dzimmerman33

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know why my nexus 7 won't update from KitKat 4.4.4 to Lollipop 5.0? Or any suggestions would work. Thanks in advance!!!

Posted via the Android Central App

MetalMike901

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
It's possible the update has been suspended or significantly slowed for both Nexus 7 tablets. Many problems reported, although officially Google is silent on the update status. Remember you also must have a completely stock device to get an OTA.

I have not received an OTA on my N7-12 either.

Posted via Android Central App with my white Nexus 4 on Cricket

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I assume you tried and it failed. An Android update will always fail if you're not running the stock ROM, if you're rooted or, in most cases, if you've been rooted and unrooted. (Flashing an update to a rooted or once-rooted phone can brick the phone. Flashing an update for a stock ROM to a custom ROM will almost certainly brick it.)

If you're running the stock ROM and have never rooted it, contact whoever is supplying the update, Google or your carrier.

Edit: I wasn't aware of what MetalMike said - that might be the reason too.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Also, the last time I looked, the update is only available for the Wi-Fi version. Rumor has it that Verizon has consistently held up OS updates for the Wi-Fi/LTE version and Lollipop is no exception.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech