Hi (Note: I saw one post related to this but dealing with Nexus 5 and the answers were a little too technical for me, hence this post here).

Basically, I "rooted" my phone a while back (I installed Franco Kernel) and now when I saw the Lollipop update come up I tried to follow instructions but after rebooting I noticed it didn't actually install.

Can anyone explain to me in very simple lay terms, step by step, what I would need to do (and any websites to visit for resources), in order that I can upgrade from 4.4 to Lollipop?

I don't mind if I end up "unrooting" (if that's even possible). I just want a quick easy way to upgrade to Lollipop.

Thanks in advance!
    11-25-2014 05:32 PM
    Since you're not running the stock kernel, even unrooting won't allow you to update. (Flashing an update for one kernel to another one can hard-brick the phone). Reflash the stock ROM (with the stock kernel), then update.

The go-to site for ROMs, kernels, rooting and problems with them is forums.xda-developers.com - go to the section for your particular device and look for the development subforum. In your case, that would be Google Nexus 5 Forum | Google Nexus 5 Reviews and Related Info the first, second or fourth subforums. Read, or as Scott Bakula's character says, "go and learn something".
    11-25-2014 05:40 PM
    Thanks a lot Rukbat. Really appreciate it.

Have posted a thread on the Nexus 4 general section so if anyone is following this with the same issue, just go there to see what they say.
    11-27-2014 05:11 PM