I received the ota and everything seemed to go fine. Now after some usage I'm noticing the following:

1. Really lagging
    2. If I hit the power button to power off it will not. Automatically restarts.
    3. Takes forever to charge.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    11-26-2014 04:30 PM
    Be sure to wipe cache, both in settings and a cache partition wipe also. A factory reset seems to get most Nexus 7s with lollipop working again without much lag. I guess on the tablet it really needs a clean slate to start with. PITA but not much you can do to fix it otherwise...
    11-26-2014 05:54 PM
    I have a Nexus 7(2012) but haven't recieved the update yet. But when I do I was wondering if I should do a factory reset before I down load Lollipop or after.

11-26-2014 07:31 PM
    Well, that's up to you, but I have not received the OTA for my Nexus 7-12 yet either. I think it has been suspended. Given the circumstances of the N7 situation, I have already factory reset my N7 in preparation for the update. I believe it will help the update install much smoother. Many many people are reporting almost unusable tablets after installing 5.0 without doing a reset. I personally think the conversion to the ART run time is having something to do with it. After getting the OTA, if that ever happens, I may factory reset it one last time just to have it running on a really clean start.

Whether you reset it before the update is up to you, but many folks are reporting much improved performance doing a reset after the OTA installs. I'm just trying to give my tablet the best chance possible of succeeding with the update, again given all the issues with this upgrade.

That said, I have two Nexus 4s that just got the OTA and neither had to have a factory reset and they both are running perfect for me. Of course that's comparing apples and oranges with the Nexus 7, but I thought I'd throw that out there.
    11-26-2014 08:03 PM
    Yeah I think people should do this!! I'm going to do this on my Motorola Moto G 1st gen. But I also make sure my battery is fully charged and keep it on the charger until my phone is set up and app and setting are set up then i take it off and use it till about 40% because i don't know "if i should fully drain it" any advice on that would be helpful!! Then before downloading the update and make sure I set my phone by the router and then install and factory reset and set up till I get it working perfectly!!! But about the battery any info is helpful!!!

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-26-2014 09:00 PM
    Thanks for the advice. I will probably do a factory reset next week on my Nexus 7 before I get Lollipop, after all our holiday company has gone home.

Happy Thanksgiving!
    11-27-2014 07:49 AM

Posted via Android Central App
    11-27-2014 09:03 AM
    I have done a factory reset. I do one every time I receive complete operating system updates. I also did the same as others and did a reset before the update. On lollipop how do you wipe cache? Under settings, storage there is a clear cache and I have done that. Yesterday I received the Google play services update and that fixed the shutdown problem.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    11-27-2014 02:39 PM