Android Lollipop SUCKS!

nobler

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, about Lollipop is terrible. Now is have to learn how to flash my Nexus 7 back to Kitkat just to make it usable. If I succeed, I will never update it again, which means it will eventually become a paperweight. Money wasted. Can't afford an ipad, so I'm just screwed. Going to take my Nexus 7 to the nearest Google office and throw it through their effing window.

Danny Long2

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, about Lollipop is terrible. Now is have to learn how to flash my Nexus 7 back to Kitkat just to make it usable. If I succeed, I will never update it again, which means it will eventually become a paperweight. Money wasted. Can't afford an ipad, so I'm just screwed. Going to take my Nexus 7 to the nearest Google office and throw it through their effing window.

Get an iPad air

Posted via the Android Central App

Andrei Hristow

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
I totally agree! Android 5.0 is a complete failure in my opinion.
My device SM-G900F Samsung Galaxy S5 works worse than ever.
The color scheme is awful!
The phone is working slowly, applications installing more slowly, use more RAM, drains the battery fast.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I was just about to upgrade my Galaxy S4, but now I'm getting cold feet. Is it that bad???

In a forum like this one you're going to read more complaints than praises. That's normal. It doesn't necessarily mean that lollipop is terrible. I'm very happy with lollipop in my Moto G, and I haven't had any problems. Great improvement in performance and battery life.

Maybe you should wait until you can read more about how the update works in devices like yours. Or maybe just be adventurous and install it straight away. That's good fun too, but you have to be aware of the risks.

dovlab

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
In a forum like this one you're going to read more complaints than praises. That's normal. It doesn't necessarily mean that lollipop is terrible. I'm very happy with lollipop in my Moto G, and I haven't had any problems. Great improvement in performance and battery life.

Maybe you should wait until you can read more about how the update works in devices like yours. Or maybe just be adventurous and install it straight away. That's good fun too, but you have to be aware of the risks.

I guess I'll wait for a few more days to see some feedback from G4 owners. I have to upgrade soon to check if some apps are working. Anyways, G4 owners, please speak up when you upgrade :)

Coz DS

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Hey all,
Lollipop's designers need lessons. It is a bad design starting with the pull downs now centered on the screen rather than left right pull downs.. bad decision. Functionally it eats up battery, slow in booting, slow all around with app access in comparison to kitkat. The keyboard is the worst design. Battery now lasts about 2 hours compared to the 8 hours I was getting with kitkat. By the way I am using nexus7. If the designers were thinkiung of a "phone" when designing the interface, then go back to the kitkat design for tablets. The current lollipop interface design is NOT for tablets.
I have been involved with linux for 20 years.. and unfortunately this is typical for interface designers to have one thing in mind forgetting that it must be workable on all devices. It's unfortunate that they use kids to design these things, by kids I am referring to mental age not chronological age.
The kitkat interface, throughout, was essentialy near perfect for the tablet.
Lollipop is far too resource intensive, and a release that leaves MUCH to be desired.

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site

Same here. I switched to Lollipop as soon as it came out. To this day, I've never had any major issues with it. The UI is smooth. The performance is great. The battery life is satisfactory. On top of all that, Lollipop has some nice features that I find very useful, such as Smart Lock and Priority Mode. I've been very happy.

gusar2000

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,
Lollipop's designers need lessons. It is a bad design starting with the pull downs now centered on the screen rather than left right pull downs.. bad decision. Functionally it eats up battery, slow in booting, slow all around with app access in comparison to kitkat. The keyboard is the worst design. Battery now lasts about 2 hours compared to the 8 hours I was getting with kitkat. By the way I am using nexus7. If the designers were thinkiung of a "phone" when designing the interface, then go back to the kitkat design for tablets. The current lollipop interface design is NOT for tablets.
I have been involved with linux for 20 years.. and unfortunately this is typical for interface designers to have one thing in mind forgetting that it must be workable on all devices. It's unfortunate that they use kids to design these things, by kids I am referring to mental age not chronological age.
The kitkat interface, throughout, was essentialy near perfect for the tablet.
Lollipop is far too resource intensive, and a release that leaves MUCH to be desired.
Agree with every note. :( It's slower, buttery sucks now, design sucks as well.

jb4kats

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
It certainly does!! I have the Sprint S5 and I am sorry to say but I am disappointed in this update. The background colors are horrible, they seem cheap and dreary to look at. It's like they are on a plain sheet of paper with no character line what so ever. I wish they had left it alone. I also don't like the round icons for picture ID's. I have never rooted a phone but this one will be. I just need to know a few things before I proceed. I was also told at a Sprint Store today that rooting is allowed and he said I couldn't brick it but they are not allowed to reload the software back If I can root and just change the background colors and put some separators in the menus and icons shapes then I may be happy but I just need to know where to start on rooting!

Isyriand

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Oh yes, Android Lollipop sucks. It's a terrible OS. But Google keeps not giving a ****.

It just arrived on my HTC one. And now doing the simplest things has become a nightmare. Wi-fi drops every ten minutes -- no it didn't do that before, stop saying it's not your fault. Ghost notifications everywhere all the time. Battery is drained twice as fast. And this overview feature is a terrible, terrible way to handle chrome tabs: you constantly need to clean it manually or it becomes simply impossible to find anything!

Why Google? Just why??? Couldn't you wait 3 months? 6 months? a year? To fix the thing before releasing it? No consumer was desperately waiting to have to factory reset their phones! No one... Who in this company thought this would be a good idea?

Another reason to look elsewhere for phone OS... Oh I hear that ubuntu comes to phones now, how interesting!

TheJediGoddess

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
So glad I'm not the only one who is unhappy with this update. My battery life is terrible, missing lock screen widgets terribly, not in love with the new notifications bar either. I got caught up in lollipop and downloaded/installed blindly. I've learned my lesson. I hope that Google will eventually right their wrongs.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Most the posts I read indicate that for best results you should do a clean install after the update. Seems like reinstalling everything could is a pain but that's he way I do and recommend doing computer updates as well.

• from the i6+ 🐜

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo