03-31-2017 02:32 AM
122 1234 ...
tools
    Is it because Lollipop works better with 64 bit processors? I've read that.
    01-30-2015 01:03 AM
    We just ruined a great tablet and I am really angry. Unusable piece of garbage now.
    I was just about to upgrade my Galaxy S4, but now I'm getting cold feet. Is it that bad???
    01-30-2015 06:37 AM
    I was just about to upgrade my Galaxy S4, but now I'm getting cold feet. Is it that bad???
    In a forum like this one you're going to read more complaints than praises. That's normal. It doesn't necessarily mean that lollipop is terrible. I'm very happy with lollipop in my Moto G, and I haven't had any problems. Great improvement in performance and battery life.

Maybe you should wait until you can read more about how the update works in devices like yours. Or maybe just be adventurous and install it straight away. That's good fun too, but you have to be aware of the risks.
    daihard2008 and ptkelly like this.
    01-30-2015 07:21 AM
    In a forum like this one you're going to read more complaints than praises. That's normal. It doesn't necessarily mean that lollipop is terrible. I'm very happy with lollipop in my Moto G, and I haven't had any problems. Great improvement in performance and battery life.

Maybe you should wait until you can read more about how the update works in devices like yours. Or maybe just be adventurous and install it straight away. That's good fun too, but you have to be aware of the risks.
    I guess I'll wait for a few more days to see some feedback from G4 owners. I have to upgrade soon to check if some apps are working. Anyways, G4 owners, please speak up when you upgrade
    01-30-2015 07:41 AM
    Hey all,
    Lollipop's designers need lessons. It is a bad design starting with the pull downs now centered on the screen rather than left right pull downs.. bad decision. Functionally it eats up battery, slow in booting, slow all around with app access in comparison to kitkat. The keyboard is the worst design. Battery now lasts about 2 hours compared to the 8 hours I was getting with kitkat. By the way I am using nexus7. If the designers were thinkiung of a "phone" when designing the interface, then go back to the kitkat design for tablets. The current lollipop interface design is NOT for tablets.
    I have been involved with linux for 20 years.. and unfortunately this is typical for interface designers to have one thing in mind forgetting that it must be workable on all devices. It's unfortunate that they use kids to design these things, by kids I am referring to mental age not chronological age.
    The kitkat interface, throughout, was essentialy near perfect for the tablet.
    Lollipop is far too resource intensive, and a release that leaves MUCH to be desired.
    gusar2000 and adayoff like this.
    02-06-2015 04:56 PM
    Same here. I switched to Lollipop as soon as it came out. To this day, I've never had any major issues with it. The UI is smooth. The performance is great. The battery life is satisfactory. On top of all that, Lollipop has some nice features that I find very useful, such as Smart Lock and Priority Mode. I've been very happy.
    02-06-2015 09:33 PM
    Hey all,
    Lollipop's designers need lessons. It is a bad design starting with the pull downs now centered on the screen rather than left right pull downs.. bad decision. Functionally it eats up battery, slow in booting, slow all around with app access in comparison to kitkat. The keyboard is the worst design. Battery now lasts about 2 hours compared to the 8 hours I was getting with kitkat. By the way I am using nexus7. If the designers were thinkiung of a "phone" when designing the interface, then go back to the kitkat design for tablets. The current lollipop interface design is NOT for tablets.
    I have been involved with linux for 20 years.. and unfortunately this is typical for interface designers to have one thing in mind forgetting that it must be workable on all devices. It's unfortunate that they use kids to design these things, by kids I am referring to mental age not chronological age.
    The kitkat interface, throughout, was essentialy near perfect for the tablet.
    Lollipop is far too resource intensive, and a release that leaves MUCH to be desired.
    Agree with every note. It's slower, buttery sucks now, design sucks as well.
    02-10-2015 01:49 PM
    love the look of its although there are some issues with the battery
    02-10-2015 01:55 PM
    Definitely made my awesome S5 and S-5. Lollipop sucks. Onward to factory reset!!
    02-11-2015 10:23 AM
    love the look of its although there are some issues with the battery
    Isn't "some issues with the battery" more important than "the look"? You can customize "the look", but it's hard to do something about battery drain
    02-11-2015 12:12 PM
    It certainly does!! I have the Sprint S5 and I am sorry to say but I am disappointed in this update. The background colors are horrible, they seem cheap and dreary to look at. It's like they are on a plain sheet of paper with no character line what so ever. I wish they had left it alone. I also don't like the round icons for picture ID's. I have never rooted a phone but this one will be. I just need to know a few things before I proceed. I was also told at a Sprint Store today that rooting is allowed and he said I couldn't brick it but they are not allowed to reload the software back If I can root and just change the background colors and put some separators in the menus and icons shapes then I may be happy but I just need to know where to start on rooting!
    02-11-2015 04:08 PM
    Oh yes, Android Lollipop sucks. It's a terrible OS. But Google keeps not giving a ****.

It just arrived on my HTC one. And now doing the simplest things has become a nightmare. Wi-fi drops every ten minutes -- no it didn't do that before, stop saying it's not your fault. Ghost notifications everywhere all the time. Battery is drained twice as fast. And this overview feature is a terrible, terrible way to handle chrome tabs: you constantly need to clean it manually or it becomes simply impossible to find anything!

Why Google? Just why??? Couldn't you wait 3 months? 6 months? a year? To fix the thing before releasing it? No consumer was desperately waiting to have to factory reset their phones! No one... Who in this company thought this would be a good idea?

Another reason to look elsewhere for phone OS... Oh I hear that ubuntu comes to phones now, how interesting!
    02-11-2015 04:39 PM
    So glad I'm not the only one who is unhappy with this update. My battery life is terrible, missing lock screen widgets terribly, not in love with the new notifications bar either. I got caught up in lollipop and downloaded/installed blindly. I've learned my lesson. I hope that Google will eventually right their wrongs.
    02-12-2015 07:11 AM
    Most the posts I read indicate that for best results you should do a clean install after the update. Seems like reinstalling everything could is a pain but that's he way I do and recommend doing computer updates as well.

โ€ข from the i6+ ๐Ÿœ โ€ข
    ptkelly likes this.
    02-12-2015 08:30 AM
    It should be renamed to lollipoop.
    02-12-2015 09:27 AM
    I refer to it that way quite often actually.

from the venerable Note 3ฯ€ ๐Ÿ“ฑโœ’
    ram1220 and TheJediGoddess like this.
    02-12-2015 11:55 AM
    I have the Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 and both received the new Lollipop update around the same time. Since the update, I've experienced almost the exact same issues with both devices. I'm having problems connecting to public WiFi accounts, crashing apps and devices entirely shutting off, slower speeds as both devices are just lagging tremendously. I hate using my phone and tablet now, it's frustrating and makes me pissed off. This is by far the worst update I have ever had, its not any fun using my devices now. I wish there was a way to uninstall the new update...
    I totally agree! My Galaxy S5 is having the exact same problems! Everything is lagging, even typing right now. None of the apps work as they should, and I've had to restart the phone by removing the battery 5 times the last two days! It's a disaster! No banking, emailing, sms'ing, photographing possible and the wireless network reconnecting every ten seconds!!
    02-18-2015 01:00 PM
    I totally agree! My Galaxy S5 is having the exact same problems! Everything is lagging, even typing right now. None of the apps work as they should, and I've had to restart the phone by removing the battery 5 times the last two days! It's a disaster! No banking, emailing, sms'ing, photographing possible and the wireless network reconnecting every ten seconds!!
    Have you reset the phone and performed the ever-popular cache partition wipe? Many say that he combination leads to a much better experience after the Lollipop upgrade.

๐Ÿ“ฑiP6+๐Ÿ”‹
    02-18-2015 03:05 PM
    I agree with all of you 100%. Lollipop is gross to be honest. If I wanted everything white, flat and ugly (and uncustomisable) I'd buy an iPhone. Phone now freeze up, notification bar is ugly, cant view the contents without clicking on it, when new message received my LED light wont light up, screen wont wake up as well. How can i downgrade without doing factory reset? Android should fix the notifications settings, keep them as they were. The update would've been a lot better without changing notifications settings and layout. We have to do so many steps know in order to receive a notification, keep it like the KitKat version (i mean settings wise).
    02-20-2015 01:59 PM
    Steps I had to go through to get rid of this garbage OS:

1) Download and install latest_usb_driver_windows.zip

2) Download and install android-studio-bundle-135.1641136

3) Download and install jdk-8u31-windows-i586

4) Download and install a previous image nakasi-jdq39-factory-c317339e

5) Follow instructions on: developers.google.com/android/nexus/images
    >> adb reboot bootloader
    >> fastboot oem unlock
    >> flash-all

6) Uninstall all the previous crap.

7) Should had bought an iPad.
    Convert2 likes this.
    02-24-2015 07:42 AM
    Get an iPad air

Posted via the Android Central App
    I'm pretty sure he's already got one.
    02-24-2015 10:53 AM
    Agree with every note. It's slower, buttery sucks now, design sucks as well.
    Buttery?

Posted via the Galaxy Note 4
    02-24-2015 03:46 PM
    Reading all the complaints about Lollipop, i wonder how it got such glowing reviews from the critics?
    Didn't they face any issues? How come no major review website face any issues with Lollipop? If they did why didn't they acknowledge it in their review? Can anyone point me to an Android Lollipop review from last year that is critical and actually points out all the issues truthfully?
    Or was everyone singing false praises about Lollipop so as to not make it look bad against iOS8? What is this CONSPIRACY!!??
    Convert2 likes this.
    02-25-2015 02:10 AM
    Isn't that cute? But, I do wonder. I read posts from people who say Android 5 is crap, is horrible, has ruined the phone and then I look at my phone. It's running fine. My clean install went without a hitch. I did have to download and reinstall two apps I'd bought. But, then others say it's horrible.

I don't believe there can be people with no problems and others with tales of death and destruction and all are being honest. Are there really that many people with an investment of some sort in other operating systems for smart phones?
    02-25-2015 03:22 AM
    Reading all the complaints about Lollipop, i wonder how it got such glowing reviews from the critics?
    Didn't they face any issues? How come no major review website face any issues with Lollipop? If they did why didn't they acknowledge it in their review? Can anyone point me to an Android Lollipop review from last year that is critical and actually points out all the issues truthfully?
    Or was everyone singing false praises about Lollipop so as to not make it look bad against iOS8? What is this CONSPIRACY!!??
    Because it generally runs fine on stock Android, look at all the complaints they're related to OEM devices more specifically Samsung. So the question becomes was it Samsung who didn't do a proper and thorough QA? Everyone is blaming google, sure you can blame them for this design (I like it personally) but functionality issues being raised are not seen on my Nexus 5....anymore (first month was messy for sure). Bluetooth can randomly disconnect but its not enough to raise pitch forks at, and the battery...well the battery on my phone was never good, its the same as it was on KitKat.

I hope an update comes out soon that will correct all these issues for everyone.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-25-2015 06:55 AM
122 1234 ...