03-31-2017 02:32 AM
122 ... 2345
tools
    No issues on a UK Moto G 2013 on 5.0.2 after a factory reset. A bit laggy before the reset and GPS was shot to bits, all fixed and nice and smooth afterwards.

Signficant improvement in battery life (particularly idle drain) and better memory management than KitKat noted.

New notification system - well it has pros and it has cons, but I can work with it with a little help from some automation apps.
    Two key things are missing - ability to entirely block notifications from the lock screen on a per app basis and of course a silent with working alarm setting.

Adaptive brightness - love it.

Recent apps - having disabled chrome tabs as recents - love it.

Battery and Data Usage screens in Settings - pretty but a step backwards in functionality. Need to be able to zoom on the battery screen and i miss the date range sliders on the Data Usage screen.

Looks - hated it the first day, didn't mind by the second, quite like it by the third day- now my girlfriend's phone still on KitKat looks plain weird.
    Hypnotoadd likes this.
    03-20-2015 01:46 AM
    I just updated my software and I've never experienced the problems like I'm having now.. Apps crashing, being kicked off the internet, phone freezing and running very slowly. Very frustrating! I used to love my s5 but this is ridiculous! Google and contacts are always coming up erred... Can someone in Samsung world help me! I've tried all the tips given except I won't do a factory reset. I have way too much personalization on my phone.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-31-2015 08:08 PM
    Try clearing the cache in recovery, you won't lose any data.
    03-31-2015 08:20 PM
    Android team:
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and I am extremely disappointed in its performance since upgrading to Android 5.0 Lollipop. There are several issues I do not like.
    1) slow performance - opening apps or moving from one page to the next - the phone drags and is slow responding.
    2) battery life - since installing android 5.0 the battery drains much faster than before
    3) Sony Smartwatch2 app won't even run. Now I can't use my Sony Smartwatch.
    I was going to upgrade to the GS6 when it gets released but not since it comes with Android 5.0 already. When I'm eligible for a phone upgrade my wife and I will go with the Nexus 6. The Galaxy S5 is way too disappointing.
    Bigfrog6 likes this.
    03-31-2015 09:59 PM
    I cannot believe how many of you are posting essays on here complaining before doing a factory reset. Lollipop completely changed the architecture of Android.

FACTORY RESET
    03-31-2015 11:32 PM
    I've had no problems with Android 5.0 but I did the factory reset. Yesterday, I got the Android 5.1 and that's running fine, too.
    04-01-2015 08:09 AM
    I've had no problems with Android 5.0 but I did the factory reset. Yesterday, I got the Android 5.1 and that's running fine, too.
    Did you do a factory reset after 5.1 as well?
    04-01-2015 07:09 PM
    At first it was uncomfortable. now normally
    04-02-2015 12:44 PM
    No problems for me. And now when I see phones running KitKat it feels like that was ages ago that I used it.
    04-02-2015 05:16 PM
    I forgot to mention... Besides the memory leak... Anyway, I like Lollipop
    04-02-2015 05:17 PM
    No, but I did wipe the partition cache. I think that's what it's called. Formatting the cache doesn't lose any apps or data.
    James Raj likes this.
    04-04-2015 07:29 AM
    My update was not smooth or pleasant. Had to factory reset after taking the update. Now works I great. I like the 5.0.1 Lollipop.

04-05-2015 07:33 PM
    Running 5.1 on the nexus 6 and its great. Feels much faster than 5.0, hopefully this applies to other phones as well. No problems over here
    04-06-2015 02:37 AM
    same here. Samsung s5
    Does anyone know the least painfull way to downgrade from lollipop to kitkat and what will be the consequences. Thank You
    04-08-2015 10:55 AM
    Use this to downgrade your S5

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...-4-kitkat.html

I just did this myself. I gave Lollipop a try for two weeks but it was a bad experience. Besides the horrible looking bright theme, the battery drain was ridiculous. Now that I have Kit Kat back on board, the phone is running faster and the battery is back to normal and not bleeding power.
    04-08-2015 04:20 PM
    My biggest problem with the lollipop upgrade is my keyboard. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4. After the upgrade it took my apps a while to adjust and work properly.

My biggest problem is my keyboard. My primary keyboard is the Samsung keyboard. After the upgrade, it changed. The keys are so much smaller that it's hard to type. I tried the swype keyboard and it basically sucks. My only other alternatives is the emoji keyboard which keeps record of what you type (no thank you) or the Google keyboard which I do not trust at all. Turning my phone sideways is not better.

Also, my wifi keeps connecting, disconnecting and reconnecting, which is very annoying. Makes me waste my data plan which is not unlimited...

I really hate this part of the Lollipop upgrade.
    05-09-2015 02:34 PM
    You can't blame Lollipop for Samsung design choices. And you don't "trust" the Google keyboard? Huh?
    05-09-2015 02:36 PM
    Funny thing is that I think this lollipop keyboard is the best keyboard I've had on my S4. In kitkat I used swift key for the emojis and layout and didn't like the stock keyboard. This L keyboard I like actually not just because it has emojis but also for the smaller keys because it leaves a space between the bottom row and the space key. I no longer constantly hit the space accidentally mid sentence.

Also I had an issue in kitkat where I'd lose data connection several times a day and not be able to text before either rebooting or turning airplane mode on then off. This issue seems to have vanished in L.

I don't like the brightness and the stock email app takes 10 seconds to load. Battery seems to go down faster but I carry 4 spares so that's not so bad. I'd like to see some things change and I feel like they fixed a bunch of stuff that wasn't broken so I'm not all that impressed with L. I'm sure it will level out in future builds.

Samsung Galaxy S4 And 5.0.1 Switched from Z10 July 26.2014
    05-09-2015 07:54 PM
    I concur. This upgrade has ruined some of the most important functions of my phone. The email is slower and much quirkier. I can't switch sound profiles because of the 5.0 data issue. I don't care about the improved graphics, etc. I was told to hope for a patch. I will be patient....up to a point.
    05-11-2015 01:47 PM
    I think I have to retract my comment about the email app taking 10 seconds to load. It became so frustrating that I tried to switch to the Gmail app. In order to do that I deleted all the accounts from the stock email app. Gmail app was faster but notifications wouldn't work. So I deleted accounts from Gmail and added the accounts back to the stick email app. And everything loads as it used to in kitkat. Nice and fast. I guess deleting the accounts from the stock app and re-adding them did the trick.

Samsung Galaxy S4 And 5.0.1 Switched from Z10 July 26.2014
    05-11-2015 11:32 PM
    I've never had any kind of account on a forum like this, but I had to create one to comment on the crappiness of this update.

I have a Galaxy S4 and loved it until the update. Phone is slower overall. Alarms cannot be changed or turned off without a restart, Pandora controls do not come up on the lock screen, and the keyboard is different, but not in a good way. The phone will freeze and up to date applications will close unexpectedly. Battery life has also decreased significantly. Other small things as well. I could care less about the "improved graphics", "fluidity", and 3D views this update boasted. Version 5.0.1
    05-18-2015 03:49 PM
    Miss my kitkat..... 5.0.2 on oneplusone does not impress me. Somehow i fell my phone is getting slower and a lot of apps are not compatible anymore

05-19-2015 09:10 AM
    I hate lollipop. As I'm typing this, Swype is lagging and some times I'll tap the field to type and the keyboard pops up but won't function... I gotta close it then open again. I have a galaxy s5. ALSO, for any RHAPSODY users out there, when you hit the button to illuminate the screen there used to be a pause button and track changing buttons, now there is not. I'm a skateboarder and when I'm on the move I need to change a track , it takes much longer!Just overall terrible.
    05-25-2015 08:46 PM
    I joined this forum just to express my hatred of lollipop. I'm lagging, the interface is glitchy, the changes to tabs are unintuitive and make it harder to easily use Chrome, and the changes to the interface are aesthetically displeasing. Really, who had the idea to replace every color with a shade of grey? Every single interaction with my phone is a series of minor annoyances that add up to a giant ball of grey excrement.
    Jalopiejoe likes this.
    05-26-2015 10:07 PM
    Lollipop stinks. I had to turn off autosync on my nexus 7 to be able to get anything done. Yes this works but it kind of defeats the purpose...

(My Chromebook spontaneously reboots. Still working on that one. Have to keep reloading the OS. My MotoX has also become a big drag lately. Are these things all related?)
    05-27-2015 12:50 PM
122 ... 2345