Android Lollipop SUCKS!

clporritt

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I have the Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 and both received the new Lollipop update around the same time. Since the update, I've experienced almost the exact same issues with both devices. I'm having problems connecting to public WiFi accounts, crashing apps and devices entirely shutting off, slower speeds as both devices are just lagging tremendously. I hate using my phone and tablet now, it's frustrating and makes me pissed off. This is by far the worst update I have ever had, its not any fun using my devices now. I wish there was a way to uninstall the new update...

xban1

May 29, 2014
Visit site
There is memory leaks which makes the phone use too much ram that cause lag and app crash. Restart your phone will clear the ram, try it as temporary solution while waiting android 5.0.1.

Posted via the Android Central App

clporritt

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I've been doing that, but as much as I use my tablet and phone, I'm finding that I have to reboot numerous times per day. I don't think the updates to fix these issues can come quick enough.

xban1

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I get what you mean, I have to reboot my phone also, something I never had to do with KitKat. Can't wait for 5.0.1

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Overall I like the new features in lollipop. The interface is smooth and quick. I like the new notifications and the look of the recent apps that appear in the card carousel.

Yes there are issues. I have them too. I also know that this is a Nexus and while we get new versions first, we also stand a greater chance of getting the new bugs are are in every, every release of any software by any company that must produce software that is to run in a variety of configurations no one could imagine.

As for apps crashing this may be due to the app not being updated yet, so when I find one that crashes I ask the developer when he/she is going to get around to updating THEIR apps so that is runs on Android 5. The more pople that ask them the faster they will move.

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Damn how I wish I had read your post before! I received this update last week, yes, on January 2015, and happily (and stupidly) updated Android, thinking "yes, 'til now, all updates have been improving my Nexus 7 performance and look & feel.
Wrooooooong! Lag after lag, it's becoming almost impossible to use my Nexus 7. Now it's as slow as the worst Android tablet in the market. On top of that, several apps crash, like FireFox, FireFox beta, Dolphin Browser, etc. Even Chrome and Facebook crash after some minutes of usage.
Plus, after I reboot the tablet (it even takes longer to boot than when I had KitKat) it still keeps in memory all the apps you were using, so... when the heck does the memory clean itself??? I mean, this seems Lollipop is not "flushing" the cache as it was supposed to after rebooting.
How I wish I could switch back to KitKat, but without rooting AND without losing my personal information.
I mean, I can backup my pictures and contacts but... what about the progress in my games? I would have to start each game over again and get to the current levels.
Seriously, why would they release such a slow, unefficient and crappy looking operating system? Android was great as it was, no such improvements were needed. Damn! Take it back to what it was! I hate when I slice down the LEFT menu or the RIGHT menu and BOTH menus show at the screen CENTER! Why would anybody want to mix up alerts with system configuration menus???
I hate Lollipop. I doubt the next Android version is like KitKat.
I'm seriously thinking of ditching my Nexus 7 and get an iPad.
P.S.: I even tried a fix called "wipe cache partition" which you can google to find the link (I'm a newbie here and can't post links) and it worked fine for some minutes, but then it started lagging again. I think that fix is quite fine, but there are also other issues that have to be addressed in order to get the good ol' performance back again.

Last edited:

grover5

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Damn how I wish I had read your post before! I received this update last week, yes, on January 2015, and happily (and stupidly) updated Android, thinking "yes, 'til now, all updates have been improving my Nexus 7 performance and look & feel.
Wrooooooong! Lag after lag, it's becoming almost impossible to use my Nexus 7. Now it's as slow as the worst Android tablet in the market. On top of that, several apps crash, like FireFox, FireFox beta, Dolphin Browser, etc. Even Chrome and Facebook crash after some minutes of usage.
Plus, after I reboot the tablet (it even takes longer to boot than when I had KitKat) it still keeps in memory all the apps you were using, so... when the heck does the memory clean itself???
How I wish I could switch back to KitKat, but without rooting AND without losing my personal information.
I mean, I can backup my pictures and contacts but... what about the progress in my games? I would have to start over each game and get to the current levels.
Seriously, why would they release such a slow, unefficient and crappy looking operating system? Android was great as it was, no such improvements were needed. Damn! Take it back to what it was! I hate when I slice down the LEFT menu or the RIGHT menu and BOTH menus show at the screen CENTER! Why would anybody want to mix up alerts with system configuration menus???
I hate Lollipop. I doubt the next Android version is like KitKat.
I'm serously thinking of ditching my Nexus 7 and get an iPad.

Try wiping the cache partition if you haven't already.

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I've already wiped the cache, which actually did some temporary improvement, but then it's lagging again. It's very frustrating not being able to switch to another screen to, for example, uninstall some apps or even watch a video on youtube. :/

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Try wiping the cache partition if you haven't already.

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, I've already wiped the cache, which actually did some temporary improvement, but then it's lagging again. It's very frustrating not being able to switch to another screen to, for example, uninstall some apps or even watch a video on youtube. :/

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I just hate that a lot of my videos won't stream using allcast...tons of lag issues. I originally loved lollipop but over time I've just a come annoyed with all the problems which I thought were minor but are now amounting to a big deal.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I have the Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 and both received the new Lollipop update around the same time. Since the update, I've experienced almost the exact same issues with both devices. I'm having problems connecting to public WiFi accounts, crashing apps and devices entirely shutting off, slower speeds as both devices are just lagging tremendously. I hate using my phone and tablet now, it's frustrating and makes me pissed off. This is by far the worst update I have ever had, its not any fun using my devices now. I wish there was a way to uninstall the new update...

And, I have the Nexus 5 and have had none of those problems. Go figure.

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
Update: I kind of solved the issue... by switching back to KitKat 4.4.4
But that was pain, I even bricked my Nexus 7 2012 for half an hour, thinking I had screwed it up for sure, because when installing KitKat, it started a considerable delay at one of the final steps, and eventually returned a "failed" response. I even tried with KitKat 4.4.2 with worse results, until finally I was able to install 4.4.4
And Lollipop upgrade downloaded immediately. I couldn't avoid it. I haven't clicked on it to be installed, but it's annoying to have that risk close to my fingertips. I downloaded an app to stop the update service, but turns out I need to root my tablet.... Are you kidding me? I don't wanna mess up anymore. I even hate touching the OS image. I only did it now because my tablet was unusable with Lollipop. But this is quite bad. I hope in the future Android gives us the freedom of choosing whether to search for updates automatically or not. It was possible in 4.1.2 JellyBean at my LG e455 cell phone by the way.

JackalynMcGavin

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
I'm so mad that I could barely contain myself. Okay, DEEP BREATH... Count to 10...

The Nexus 7 device is no longer a viable device for use with Android OS. I barely use my tablet other than mostly email. I can't compose email anymore without waiting 2-3 seconds between each letter typed using the keyboard, the OS/app just won't keep up. Performance is not just degraded, it's so bad that it has rendered my device useless.

Thank you so much for posting your post to confirm that I wasn't the only one plagued by the worst Android release I've ever had the displeasure to experience.

Goodbye Google, Hello Apple iPad.

phoenixphyre

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
By the sound of it, we are pretty much screwed. Thank God I didn't update my phone, but I am so furious that this update literally ruined my Nexus 7 tablet.

I hope someone from google reads this because they need to fix this hot mess.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37