Android Lollipop SUCKS!

Naldus

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I have the Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 and both received the new Lollipop update around the same time. Since the update, I've experienced almost the exact same issues with both devices. I'm having problems connecting to public WiFi accounts, crashing apps and devices entirely shutting off, slower speeds as both devices are just lagging tremendously. I hate using my phone and tablet now, it's frustrating and makes me pissed off. This is by far the worst update I have ever had, its not any fun using my devices now. I wish there was a way to uninstall the new update...

I totally agree! My Galaxy S5 is having the exact same problems! Everything is lagging, even typing right now. None of the apps work as they should, and I've had to restart the phone by removing the battery 5 times the last two days! It's a disaster! No banking, emailing, sms'ing, photographing possible and the wireless network reconnecting every ten seconds!!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I totally agree! My Galaxy S5 is having the exact same problems! Everything is lagging, even typing right now. None of the apps work as they should, and I've had to restart the phone by removing the battery 5 times the last two days! It's a disaster! No banking, emailing, sms'ing, photographing possible and the wireless network reconnecting every ten seconds!!

Have you reset the phone and performed the ever-popular cache partition wipe? Many say that he combination leads to a much better experience after the Lollipop upgrade.

📱iP6+🔋

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I agree with all of you 100%. Lollipop is gross to be honest. If I wanted everything white, flat and ugly (and uncustomisable) I'd buy an iPhone. Phone now freeze up, notification bar is ugly, cant view the contents without clicking on it, when new message received my LED light wont light up, screen wont wake up as well. How can i downgrade without doing factory reset? Android should fix the notifications settings, keep them as they were. The update would've been a lot better without changing notifications settings and layout. We have to do so many steps know in order to receive a notification, keep it like the KitKat version (i mean settings wise).

UserNarne

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Steps I had to go through to get rid of this garbage OS:

1) Download and install latest_usb_driver_windows.zip

2) Download and install android-studio-bundle-135.1641136

3) Download and install jdk-8u31-windows-i586

4) Download and install a previous image nakasi-jdq39-factory-c317339e

5) Follow instructions on: developers.google.com/android/nexus/images
>> adb reboot bootloader
>> fastboot oem unlock
>> flash-all

6) Uninstall all the previous crap.

7) Should had bought an iPad.

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Reading all the complaints about Lollipop, i wonder how it got such glowing reviews from the critics?
Didn't they face any issues? How come no major review website face any issues with Lollipop? If they did why didn't they acknowledge it in their review? Can anyone point me to an Android Lollipop review from last year that is critical and actually points out all the issues truthfully?
Or was everyone singing false praises about Lollipop so as to not make it look bad against iOS8? What is this CONSPIRACY!!??

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
It should be renamed to lollipoop.

Isn't that cute? But, I do wonder. I read posts from people who say Android 5 is crap, is horrible, has ruined the phone and then I look at my phone. It's running fine. My clean install went without a hitch. I did have to download and reinstall two apps I'd bought. But, then others say it's horrible.

I don't believe there can be people with no problems and others with tales of death and destruction and all are being honest. Are there really that many people with an investment of some sort in other operating systems for smart phones?

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Reading all the complaints about Lollipop, i wonder how it got such glowing reviews from the critics?
Didn't they face any issues? How come no major review website face any issues with Lollipop? If they did why didn't they acknowledge it in their review? Can anyone point me to an Android Lollipop review from last year that is critical and actually points out all the issues truthfully?
Or was everyone singing false praises about Lollipop so as to not make it look bad against iOS8? What is this CONSPIRACY!!??

Because it generally runs fine on stock Android, look at all the complaints they're related to OEM devices more specifically Samsung. So the question becomes was it Samsung who didn't do a proper and thorough QA? Everyone is blaming google, sure you can blame them for this design (I like it personally) but functionality issues being raised are not seen on my Nexus 5....anymore (first month was messy for sure). Bluetooth can randomly disconnect but its not enough to raise pitch forks at, and the battery...well the battery on my phone was never good, its the same as it was on KitKat.

I hope an update comes out soon that will correct all these issues for everyone.

Posted via the Android Central App

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I picked up an AT&T G3 yesterday for $1. It upgraded to 5.0.1 after which I did a factory reset. It is working just fine, no complaints whatsoever.

G3 📱🍭

cybernutte

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Because it generally runs fine on stock Android, look at all the complaints they're related to OEM devices more specifically Samsung.
I've seen lots of messages from people with Nexus phones and Nexus 7 tablets complaining about what happened when they upgraded to Lollipop. Unrooted Nexus devices (which most of these were) run stock Android. So the problem is by no means limited to Samsung.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I've seen lots of messages from people with Nexus phones and Nexus 7 tablets complaining about what happened when they upgraded to Lollipop. Unrooted Nexus devices (which most of these were) run stock Android. So the problem is by no means limited to Samsung.

Ya, I was one of those as well...and unfortunately after a partition and cache wipe it works flawlessly now. Many people have admittedly expressed they wont wipe clean, and if the option is given as a fix its there for the taking. Whether thats acceptable or not is another story. Lollipop has its bugs for sure, im not saying it doesnt...but in my case none of them drive me up the wall, i can live with them. To each their own i guess. Also, my device is unrooted running Google Now launcher, works 99%. Mind you it took a month of fixes to get here.

kittenfuud

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Significant battery drain and Facebook messenger just disappears when I'm typing. Doesn't even reach the recently used apps drawer. Poof! No issues w hot battery tho, just drain. Notification pull-down is HORRID. Stop those tiles from MOVING! I have NO idea why I updated but I did. And there's no going back. And T-Mobile was the last to get the update so 5.0.1 won't be for awhile, I fear. GS5, updated OTA

Posted via my SGS5 from the Android Central App

kittenfuud

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I've got too much STUFF and too many forgotten settings to do a factory reset and am a big noob - read: scared I'll lose things. That will be a last resort as I'm not bricked. First time out w phone later today, I'll post battery stats if I remember to.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I've got too much STUFF and too many forgotten settings to do a factory reset and am a big noob - read: scared I'll lose things. That will be a last resort as I'm not bricked. First time out w phone later today, I'll post battery stats if I remember to.

Be patient, i'm sure your device will stabilize soon. My first month of having Lollipop on my Nexus 5 was really bad, but over time it gradually got better and now it works great.

Barth Maher

Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
Thank you lollipop for turning my awesome Samsung Galaxy S5 into a brick. No, it's actually worse than a brick. You see I expect a brick to be a brick unfortunately I expect a smartphone to be a smartphone even though it acts like a brick. In all actuality though I've downloaded some other apps that now continually cools off the battery, stops it from running slow, and stops the battery from draining. And no I do not want to factory reset, I didn't update my OS so I could factory reset and start from the beginning. It would have been nice if maybe somebody somewhere may be tested this on actual smartphone before they unleashed it on on us. I work in technology and I cannot for the life of me understand how a company this large with this much reach could make such a huge mistake and publicity nightmare. You had one job.......

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Thank you lollipop for turning my awesome Samsung Galaxy S5 into a brick. No, it's actually worse than a brick. You see I expect a brick to be a brick unfortunately I expect a smartphone to be a smartphone even though it acts like a brick. In all actuality though I've downloaded some other apps that now continually cools off the battery, stops it from running slow, and stops the battery from draining. And no I do not want to factory reset, I didn't update my OS so I could factory reset and start from the beginning. It would have been nice if maybe somebody somewhere may be tested this on actual smartphone before they unleashed it on on us. I work in technology and I cannot for the life of me understand how a company this large with this much reach could make such a huge mistake and publicity nightmare. You had one job.......

So, all Samsung Galaxy S5 phones that upgraded to Android 5 are bricked. They have to be because otherwise the responsibility might lie with, gasp, the user. So, my sincere condolences to all Samsung Galaxy S5 users who updated their OS and now have bricks.