I am using Lollipop on a Nexus 5. The screen unlocking does not seem to be working properly. I have Smart Lock set to Trusted face, which works a little more than half the time, but my real problem is with the Trusted places. I have both home and work selected, but I'm still having to enter my pattern about half of the time. Not sure whether I'm doing something wrong in the unlock process or whether it just isn't working.

Also, is there a way to bypass the lock button at the bottom? I am using the pattern unlock. On the last version of Android, I could just enter the pattern from the lock screen. Now I have to swipe up from the unlock icon at the bottom and then enter the pattern -- a two-step process that is much less convenient. Is there a solution to this?

And as long as I'm here, I'm getting a blank screen on Spotify. Any ideas on that would also be appreciated.

Thanks.
    12-02-2014 11:47 AM
    I am using Lollipop on a Nexus 5. The screen unlocking does not seem to be working properly. I have Smart Lock set to Trusted face, which works a little more than half the time, but my real problem is with the Trusted places. I have both home and work selected, but I'm still having to enter my pattern about half of the time. Not sure whether I'm doing something wrong in the unlock process or whether it just isn't working.
    How are your Home and Work locations defined? I set mine a long long time ago, but I recall entering my exact home and work addresses to set them. I use both as my trusted locations in combination of trusted face (just like you), and trusted places work almost flawlessly. The same cannot be said about trusted face, though.
    12-02-2014 02:26 PM
    Works very spotty for me as well. Google imported the information automatically, it's the exact address for both locations.

Posted from my Nexus 7 2013 via Android Central App
    12-02-2014 09:00 PM
    When I set up my trusted places it showed both my work and home locations on the screen. I just selected home. It has been working great while at home, but today it just stopped working....I had to unlock the phone every time I used it. I went back to the setting and the trusted places had turned itself off...or something turned it off but it wasn't me. I turned it back on and things are fine. This is one of the features I really like on Lollipop.
    daihard2008 likes this.
    12-03-2014 02:43 PM
    When I set up my trusted places it showed both my work and home locations on the screen. I just selected home. It has been working great while at home, but today it just stopped working....I had to unlock the phone every time I used it. I went back to the setting and the trusted places had turned itself off...or something turned it off but it wasn't me. I turned it back on and things are fine. This is one of the features I really like on Lollipop.
    Are you using High Accuracy for location? I've been using Battery Saving. Just switched to see if it makes a difference for me.
    12-03-2014 05:34 PM

Also, is there a way to bypass the lock button at the bottom? I am using the pattern unlock. On the last version of Android, I could just enter the pattern from the lock screen. Now I have to swipe up from the unlock icon at the bottom and then enter the pattern -- a two-step process that is much less convenient. Is there a solution to this?

And as long as I'm here, I'm getting a blank screen on Spotify. Any ideas on that would also be appreciated.

Thanks.
    Good morning!! I have the exact same problem as you. I have to do two tasks to unlock while smart lock does not work.
    I dont know why! I have nexus 5 and i lock phone with the turn off Button. While waking up the phone with the same button i have the above described problem.
    Please tell me if you have found the answer.
    Thanks. Pablo
    12-06-2014 08:55 AM
    I just tried it and had no problems. Are you sure you have location setting on and set to high accuracy? I suggest also improving the facial recognition a few times, make sure your face is lit enough.

Posted via Android Central App
    12-06-2014 03:06 PM
    I had same problem as described here, my Home and Work Locations were both greyed out and not available to select.

But my home and work locations are the same. So I went to Google Maps > Settings > Edit home or work

I removed my home address from Work and screen then said "Enter work address".

I went back to Settings > Security > Smart Lock and my Home address was now available to select as trusted place.

I think the reason both were greyed out and not previously available was because they were the same address and you couldn't enable one without the other.

Hope this helps someone else.
    12-14-2014 07:12 AM
    It is probably a bug that they will fix in the future.
    12-14-2014 10:09 AM
    I've been having that issue too. It'll work flawlessly for days on end but something will randomly turn it off.

I have it set for both home and work and I've had this issue happen more than once for my home location.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    12-14-2014 03:14 PM
    My nexus 5 never unlocks when at trusted places. I even added my neighbor's address and the building across the street because google maps didn't look like is was exactly on my address. Why does it have to be an address? Why can't we enter GPS coordinates and a radius, or choose my current location (not my current address) and radius?
    02-19-2015 07:24 AM
    The only trusted unlock im using is my moto 360, and about 10% of the time while my watch is on i still need to enter a password to unlock. I think the feature is buggy.
    02-19-2015 09:58 AM