06-01-2016 04:23 PM
33 12
tools
    Has anyone continued to have the issue after clearing the phone app cache? I have a Galaxy S6 with Sprint and after doing a factory reset have been plagued with the phantom new voicemail notification at least once a day, if not twice. Each time, I go into the Phone apps (I have 3 as well), clear data and cache, and it disappears for awhile only to return again. I do not have Google Voice as far as I know, I've never set one up, don't have an app with that name, etc.

This is incredibly irritating.
    Is there a fix for this yet?
    07-28-2015 06:25 PM
    I did what you suggested and it worked a treat. There were three green phone icons above the blue phone/messaging icon. I tried the blue messaging first, which did not work. Then I tried the green icons, clicking the 'clear data' button.
    The first one failed but the second one whipped that annoying voicemail icon out of sight.
    I am guessing that the voicemail icon will reappear when I reboot at some point but as I know how to get shut of it I'm not really bothered about that now.
    Good work.
    08-06-2015 09:10 AM
    whenever I check my voicemail the symbol won't go away after I delete them & hang up. I always have to call it a second time and then hang up for it to go away. Any suggestions or solutions?
    08-21-2015 02:59 AM
    I've been bothered by the "stale" voicemail icon for a long time (Nexus 5). Despite calling voicemail and deleting messages (7 button), the notifications keep appearing.

I just discovered that the voicemails also get included in the Phone App's Voicemail (apart from your phone provider's voicemail and/or Google Voicemail). Go to Phone App. Then hit the triple dot Settings icon top right and choose Call History. Navigate to the Voicemail (3rd tab after All, Missed) tab. If you delete these (click on each one and then hit the trash icon), then the ghost notifications disappear.
    08-28-2015 03:28 PM
    Hmmm, I don't have a voicemail tab in my phone app though. Also the clear data on the phone/messaging storage app didn't work. (Nexus 5.)

I might just turn my voicemail off...

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-04-2015 02:29 AM
    Got registered just to answer this topic!

Found a f*****g solution!

Call to the carrier, enable the voicemail service, turn off phone, pick another phone, leave a voicemail for your self , turn on the phone, call to your voicemail, delete the messages, ***DON'T HANG UP***, press "home", go to Settings >> Apps >>> All, there are 2 (or 3) app with the same name (phone), clear data/cache of both and force interruption. Go back to the call... If there is a option to press "*", "#" or "0" to finish the call, do it. If there isn't, just hang up normally.

Sorry about my english...
    01-22-2016 12:26 PM
    How do you reboot
    04-24-2016 06:27 PM
    SOLUTION:

Go to settings>apps>phone

Press "force stop."

Do not worry as this deletes nothing.
    06-01-2016 04:23 PM
33 12