Voicemail Notification doesn’t go away after Lollipop update.

CheeseKate

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone continued to have the issue after clearing the phone app cache? I have a Galaxy S6 with Sprint and after doing a factory reset have been plagued with the phantom new voicemail notification at least once a day, if not twice. Each time, I go into the Phone apps (I have 3 as well), clear data and cache, and it disappears for awhile only to return again. I do not have Google Voice as far as I know, I've never set one up, don't have an app with that name, etc.

This is incredibly irritating.

Bobby Moore4

Jul 19, 2015
Visit site
Originally Posted by*4x4r8d*

To clear the voice mail notification when it will not disappear despite hitting the clear notification button, Go to settings, application manager, slide top bar to all, go to phone, open it and hit clear data and the voice mail notification notice will disappear.

Works like a charm and I have a galaxy no edge

ladylikminh

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
Originally Posted by*4x4r8d*

To clear the voice mail notification when it will not disappear despite hitting the clear notification button, Go to settings, application manager, slide top bar to all, go to phone, open it and hit clear data and the voice mail notification notice will disappear.

Works like a charm and I have a galaxy no edge

In my moto g which I sadly updated with lollipop which is garbage, first the deleting cache work out but then the messaging one didn't have available the option for that so in my desperation and annoyance I click to see the options since in KitKat everything work well, but started to call the stupid voicemail and I tried to turn off the stupid phone but I didn't know I can't take out the battery in this motog. Gaah so well it dossapear because this s**** call the voicemail which I don't use and couldn't erase some of the 3 or 4 apps cache. Anyone with the same problem clearing the cache?

CeeOgs

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone continued to have the issue after clearing the phone app cache? I have a Galaxy S6 with Sprint and after doing a factory reset have been plagued with the phantom new voicemail notification at least once a day, if not twice. Each time, I go into the Phone apps (I have 3 as well), clear data and cache, and it disappears for awhile only to return again. I do not have Google Voice as far as I know, I've never set one up, don't have an app with that name, etc.

This is incredibly irritating.

Is there a fix for this yet?

Antony Curren

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
I did what you suggested and it worked a treat. There were three green phone icons above the blue phone/messaging icon. I tried the blue messaging first, which did not work. Then I tried the green icons, clicking the 'clear data' button.
The first one failed but the second one whipped that annoying voicemail icon out of sight.
I am guessing that the voicemail icon will reappear when I reboot at some point but as I know how to get shut of it I'm not really bothered about that now.
Good work. :)

sathishblueway

Aug 21, 2015
Visit site
whenever I check my voicemail the symbol won't go away after I delete them & hang up. I always have to call it a second time and then hang up for it to go away. Any suggestions or solutions?

ramavenkatesh

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
I've been bothered by the "stale" voicemail icon for a long time (Nexus 5). Despite calling voicemail and deleting messages (7 button), the notifications keep appearing.

I just discovered that the voicemails also get included in the Phone App's Voicemail (apart from your phone provider's voicemail and/or Google Voicemail). Go to Phone App. Then hit the triple dot Settings icon top right and choose Call History. Navigate to the Voicemail (3rd tab after All, Missed) tab. If you delete these (click on each one and then hit the trash icon), then the ghost notifications disappear.

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm, I don't have a voicemail tab in my phone app though. Also the clear data on the phone/messaging storage app didn't work. (Nexus 5.)

I might just turn my voicemail off...

Posted via the Android Central App

Michel Lopes

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
Got registered just to answer this topic!

Found a f*****g solution!

Call to the carrier, enable the voicemail service, turn off phone, pick another phone, leave a voicemail for your self , turn on the phone, call to your voicemail, delete the messages, ***DON'T HANG UP***, press "home", go to Settings >> Apps >>> All, there are 2 (or 3) app with the same name (phone), clear data/cache of both and force interruption. Go back to the call... If there is a option to press "*", "#" or "0" to finish the call, do it. If there isn't, just hang up normally.

Sorry about my english...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae