(Nexus 4) Can't unlock phone, randomly

purepolygon

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I have a Nexus 4 and recently updated to Lollipop. Every once in a while (I can't tell the exact situation) while my phone is locked, I can't unlock it. I press the power button and nothing happens. I've tried calling myself when this happens and it rings for the person calling but my phone doesn't react at all.

The only way I've found around this is holding down the power button for several seconds, forcing a shut down, and then turning it back on. Any one else having this issue or know something I can do about it? Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Considering the various bugs that Nexus 4 owners are mentioning on the forums, this may be another one. Try wiping the system cache partition: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-5994.

Android 5.0.1 will hopefully start rolling out soon for the Nexus 4, which is probably a bunch of bugfixes.

purepolygon

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
It's under warranty. Have it replaced. (I never spend more than 5 minutes on a phone with a replacement warranty. It's not your problem, it's Google's.)

I don't think it's still under warranty. I've had it for a while now. I'll find out. Thanks.

Welcome to Android Central! Considering the various bugs that Nexus 4 owners are mentioning on the forums, this may be another one. Try wiping the system cache partition:

Android 5.0.1 will hopefully start rolling out soon for the Nexus 4, which is probably a bunch of bugfixes.

This is my next step. Thanks for the help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech