Im using nexus 5, previously while using kitkat, i had transparent icons bar with backgroud wallpaper, but in lollipop its all white at the back, hw to get tht transparent look at the back??

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Lollipop transparent icon Bar??-9024.jpg  
    12-03-2014 10:55 AM
    I had the same problem on my Nexus 4... installing the Google Now Launcher fixed the problem.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    12-03-2014 10:59 AM
    But i already have google nw launcher installed

12-03-2014 01:30 PM
    Use Nova Launcher.

Lollipop transparent icon Bar??-2014-12-03-21.25.52.png
    gnr_2 likes this.
    12-03-2014 03:28 PM
    Is there any google official way of getting of this problem, rather than using other launchers?

12-03-2014 05:19 PM
    Another thread here mentioned that they are working on a dark theme

Posted via Android Central App
    daihard2008 likes this.
    12-03-2014 06:56 PM
    Is there any google official way of getting of this problem, rather than using other launchers?
    I don't think Google considers this to be a "problem." It is a design decision that they made for Lollipop. As @Knudroid mentioned, rumour has it that Google is working on adding a dark theme to Lollipop. Your best bet is probably to wait for that to happen.
    Knudroid likes this.
    12-03-2014 08:34 PM
    Ok thnks guys.

12-04-2014 03:05 PM
    This is my biggest gripe about Lollipop. (the other not being able to swipe from anywhere on lock screen...grrr) Transparent toolbars/navigation made the whole device look more fluid. I feel like I just went back to ICS with tools in a different location. You all may say this is a small gripe, but it starts making android look ugly compared to IOS...which I do not own any apple device. The casual consumer will look at it and go ...ewww I dont like that white background that I dont have an option to turn off and buy an apple or windows device. This is the least polished update of android I've ever seen....just my opinion though.
    12-06-2014 08:53 AM
    This is my biggest gripe about Lollipop. (the other not being able to swipe from anywhere on lock screen...grrr) Transparent toolbars/navigation made the whole device look more fluid. I feel like I just went back to ICS with tools in a different location. You all may say this is a small gripe, but it starts making android look ugly compared to IOS...which I do not own any apple device. The casual consumer will look at it and go ...ewww I dont like that white background that I dont have an option to turn off and buy an apple or windows device. This is the least polished update of android I've ever seen....just my opinion though.
    Have you looked at iOS recently? My wife just bought an iPhone 6 Plus. It is a beautiful piece of hardware, but the OS running on it looks cheesy. I compared it with the stock Lollipop side by side. If nothing else, Lollipop doesn't look any uglier than iOS... at least in my opinion.

Now, a beauty of Android is that there are many different ways to change the look and feel of the OS. If you have an iOS device, you're pretty much stuck. I have Nova Launcher. My app drawer background is dark and translucent. So is my folder background.
    gnr_2 likes this.
    12-06-2014 04:02 PM
    I dnt use other launchers , they bring bugs with em ... I miss those stock OS transparent backgrounds though:/

12-07-2014 01:05 PM
    I dnt use other launchers , they bring bugs with em ... I miss those stock OS transparent backgrounds though:/
    Have you run into any major bug that makes it hard to use in any particular launcher? I'm curious because I've used Apex and Nova and haven't run into any such bug. Oh, and the stock Google Now launcher may have bugs in it, too.
    gnr_2 likes this.
    12-07-2014 02:04 PM
    Well it didnt give me much trouble but it did effect battery timing graph to some extent, it drained 1% more battery just...

12-09-2014 02:32 PM
    Well it didnt give me much trouble but it did effect battery timing graph to some extent, it drained 1% more battery just...
    Each to his/her own, I guess. I would not stop using Nova Launcher if it drained 1% more battery. The features of the launcher are well worth it.
    12-09-2014 11:30 PM
    You can various launchers to get rid of this issue. The most trusted launcher is the nova launcher. It works well specially for the dark themes.
    12-11-2014 04:28 AM
    You can various launchers to get rid of this issue. The most trusted launcher is the nova launcher. It works well specially for the dark themes.
    You obviously didn't read #13 above.
    12-11-2014 09:14 PM
    Dude... dude... look closely at the background pattern and you'll notice it DOES go into the transparent bar, but your background is BLACK -- of course you won't see any transparency!
    12-12-2014 12:01 AM