05-11-2017 08:22 AM
39 12
tools
    This fixed the problem for me. Thank you so much!
    02-12-2016 01:46 PM
    I had the same issue today on my Nexus 4 after updating to 5.1 today. I fixed it by "FORCE STOP" the Camera app, and then clearing the app data (not the app cache). After turning off my phone, the Flashlight shortcut is back in my Quick Settings drop-down. Give it a try. You can't hurt your camera by clearing its data.
    This is the ACTUAL fix, everybody else doesn't know what they're talking about - it has nothing to do with widgets...

Thanks a lot for solving this issue I've had for weeks.
    03-29-2016 12:32 PM
    I had the same issue today on my Nexus 4 after updating to 5.1 today. I fixed it by "FORCE STOP" the Camera app, and then clearing the app data (not the app cache). After turning off my phone, the Flashlight shortcut is back in my Quick Settings drop-down. Give it a try. You can't hurt your camera by clearing its data.
    This happened on my Nexus 6p and this solution fixed it. Thanks.
    04-21-2016 03:04 PM
    You are awesome! This is the fix indeed. Now my Xperia Z3+ can access the torch quickly again. Thank you!
    06-04-2016 04:07 PM
    I was having this same issue, and it came back after I used the camera app too!
    08-17-2016 01:16 PM
    Ten days ago, my Nexus 4 was updated to the new Android Lollipop. Initially, I enjoyed the new built-in flashlight feature so much, I got rid of my flashlight app. Alas, after I started using Chromecast and the Hotspot toggle feature, the flashlight feature's icon simply disappeared from my quick-access tray.
    Does anyone have any idea as to how I retrieve this option manually, so that I will not need to re-install the flashlight app?
    That's how my tray looks at the moment:
    Attachment 152853
    Thanks in advance!
    Usually when this happens, your camera app won't work too. You need to restart your phone, if camera is working fine then flashlight icon will be in that tray.
    09-04-2016 12:29 AM
    I know this may not readly be the answer you all are expecting, but...
    Solution; when on your home screen search bar, use the Google microphone
    & ask your PHONE "OPEN FLASHLIGHT"
    now that it is on; use the Google searchbar &ask your PHONE "CLOSE FLASHLIGHT"
    This can also be done with Bluetooth!
    Good Days to ya MATES!! Capt.Ryan
    09-06-2016 12:37 PM
    Ten days ago, my Nexus 4 was updated to the new Android Lollipop. Initially, I enjoyed the new built-in flashlight feature so much, I got rid of my flashlight app. Alas, after I started using Chromecast and the Hotspot toggle feature, the flashlight feature's icon simply disappeared from my quick-access tray.
    Does anyone have any idea as to how I retrieve this option manually, so that I will not need to re-install the flashlight app?
    That's how my tray looks at the moment:
    Attachment 152853
    Thanks in advance!

This very easy to solve, in Nexus 5.
    Try to open the camera app. From settings of camera choose flash on and take any picture.
    Then, close the camera app.
    View your quick settings, you will see the flashlight icon to turn it on or off.

Enjoy!
    09-18-2016 02:52 PM
    The solution is simple. Go to Google app and do a voice command to disable flashlight. Be sure that the Google app give you the message that the flashlight is off. Restart the system and look for the flashlight tile. It should be back.
    10-18-2016 12:02 PM
    I had the same problem. I just switched off my phone, switched it on again, and issue resolved.
    01-12-2017 10:19 AM
    I have a Moto 3 (3rd gen) running Android 6
    Did your suggestion (force stop the camera app & restarted phone)...Problem Solved!
    Thanks & Aloha
    01-26-2017 04:25 PM
    Same issue with my Droid Turbo 2, which by the way is breaking down - random shutdowns - not happy.
    Camera failed to open as well.
    Power Down, Restart and both the flashlight is back and the camera is back working.
    01-31-2017 09:10 AM
    ..I also did what you did and then I had my flashlight back..thanks men..
    05-11-2017 08:15 AM
    I also did what he (vadimladon) did and then I finally had my built in flashlight back..thanks men
    05-11-2017 08:22 AM
39 12