Hulu Plus causing my Nexus 9 to lock up

monkmullen

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
So this is fun...sometimes, when watching something on Hulu Plus, the video freezes, a loud, steady, high pitched squeal comes from the speakers, and the whole device is basically frozen.

The only thing incan do at that point is hold the power button down to reset the device. This happens almost every time I watch something.

Anyone else having this issue? Any suggestions for a fix?

Posted via Android Central App

monkmullen

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
A couple app updates later and this is still happening. Nobody else experienced anything like this yet?

Posted via the Android Central App

Tylen Smith

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same issues. At first it was simply that it wouldn't load the ad, but if I start the episode partway through (like watch a minute or two on another device and then switch to my nexus 9) then it seems to play well until it hits the second ad. That's when it freezes up my tablet completely until it either resets itself or I hard-reset it. I've been corresponding with a hulu developer and as of yet they haven't found the problem/fix.

orlandoq

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Yup, I can confirm I'm having this issue as well. It's happened on 2 separate Nexus 9 tablets that I've owned. Any updates on this?

Chad Desch

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I've been having this issue too. I've noticed it usually happens before video switches over to an advertisement. I've also noticed that the tablet is usually running a little hot when it happens. I'm not sure if there's really much correlation there though. When I contacted hulu support about it, they just wanted to go through a bunch of standard troubleshooting steps. I lost interest when it was apparent that it wasn't a well-documented or cared about issue. I'm willing to bet it has something to do with the way Hulu's precious advertisements are shown to keep people from subverting them, which is really annoying. The only reason I put up with it is because there's some content on Hulu I'd have to dig for or pirate elsewhere, and I'm too lazy to pirate stuff anymore. I'm not aware of a really good forum to voice common issues without having to go through a bunch of unnecessary troubleshooting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835