What's up with Currents?

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Is Google going to keep it, or are they going to only use play newsstand? I know that Currents doesn't work, so I'm curios as to why it is still around.

Posted via Android Central App

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
What, you're asking me? I could only guess, but if you look at Currents in the Play Store the description will tell you as much. I think the reason it's still there is to effectively disable Currents on devices that have it preinstalled. Isn't it just a redirect to Newsstand now?

MetalMike901

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Currents finally disappeared on my device after the Lollipop update.

Posted via Android Central App with my Lollipop Nexus 4 on Cricket

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
What, you're asking me? I could only guess, but if you look at Currents in the Play Store the description will tell you as much. I think the reason it's still there is to effectively disable Currents on devices that have it preinstalled. Isn't it just a redirect to Newsstand now?

Yeah.

MetalMike901

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
It's still on my 2013 nexus 7 with lollipop. But I don't care about it that much.

Are you sure it's not just the app icon that's left? Check the app drawer, and I'll bet it's really gone. Or maybe not, who knows lol.

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Are you sure it's not just the app icon that's left? Check the app drawer, and I'll bet it's really gone. Or maybe not, who knows lol.

It's still in my app drawer, and when I tap on it, all that it does is send me to play newsstand.

daihard2008

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
It's still in my app drawer, and when I tap on it, all that it does is send me to play newsstand.
It obviously means Google don't support Currents anymore. The Currents icon you see is just a link that takes you to Google Play Newsstand, much like the native Email icon that now takes you to Gmail.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463