I'm sorry if this is posted somewhere but I cannot find it. I thought there were improvements made in Lollipop dialer and Hangouts.

Is there a way to make G Voice number show up on caller ID? I mean, when I place a call from my phone, I'd like it to go out as my G Voice number, not a carrier number. At the moment I installed the old Google Voice app and it does have the setting I'm looking for but it seems dumb to have this app just to check one check box.

And on the same note, how can I make the same thing happen in Hangouts messenger?

Thanks!
    12-20-2014 10:13 AM
    Google + help
    I guess

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-20-2014 11:28 AM
    I'm sorry if this is posted somewhere but I cannot find it. I thought there were improvements made in Lollipop dialer and Hangouts.

Is there a way to make G Voice number show up on caller ID? I mean, when I place a call from my phone, I'd like it to go out as my G Voice number, not a carrier number. At the moment I installed the old Google Voice app and it does have the setting I'm looking for but it seems dumb to have this app just to check one check box.

And on the same note, how can I make the same thing happen in Hangouts messenger?
    As for the first question, the only way to make it happen is to install Google Voice, as you figured, unless I'm missing something fundamental. I agree it's dumb of Google not having fully integrated the GV feature into the OS.
    tr-1 likes this.
    12-22-2014 09:43 PM