And if so, for how long? Indefinitely? Or just short term. I ask because the last time I bought a phone, they were getting ready to roll out Jelly Bean, and I read up on it before and decided not to update. Then after several times of me declining it, my phone turned on by itself one day and was half way through the update and I could not stop it. I was livid. Created a lot of issues, took forever to get them all ironed out, and now here I am right back in that same spot potentially with the roll out of lollipop.

So has anyone successfully declined it, and for how long?

I hate updates really, doesn't matter what device it is. 8.0 ios has practically made my ipad useless, and they don't care. So I would prefer not to have Google/LG/Verizon, tell me I have to update.
    Gimcrack3 likes this.
    12-28-2014 03:57 PM
    LOL, seriously, 178 views and no replies? Either no one has refused it, or there are a lot of people wanting to know the same thing as I am, LOL....oh well, guess I'll take a chance and see if they force it on me.
    12-28-2014 07:11 PM
    I did it on my 5 when I went back to 4.4.4, but the problem is the prompt constantly annoys you to update.
    12-28-2014 07:41 PM
    @Soylent Long press update notification. Go to app info. Uncheck the box for notifications.
    12-28-2014 07:46 PM
    Yeah, it's too bad you can't opt out once and be done with it. When they forced JB on me before, I called Verizon and threw a fit, they claimed they had nothing to do with the update, for me to call LG, I did, and LG said it was Verizon, so not sure who makes you update. But someone does not take no for an answer, at least not in the past....not sure it would be different now. Just not sure I even like lollipop, not the UI, not the colors, the flat graphics, just boring to me. Kit Kat is somewhat boring to me as well, but I'd still take it over the changes they made. Hate the new keyboard....the hard to find/changed gallery, etc.
    12-28-2014 07:48 PM
    I totally agree. Unless the version comes with the device updating is often a big hassle. I'm quite happy with KitKat 4.4.4.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-30-2014 04:40 AM