Rolled my Nexus 7 back to 4.4.4 after 5.0 OTA update; will i get OTA update to 5.0.2?

UncleLes

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Not that i'm in any rush to get the Lollipop update as my N7 is running pretty well on 4.4.4.KK, but I had 5.0 OTA and rolled back due to major problems and am wondering if I will get the OTA update for 5.0.2 automatically, get an OTA for 5.0 first followed by the update or have to flash one or both if i want to update?

I left the bootloader unlocked after I flashed 4.4.4 but otherwise it's stock Nexus 7,unrooted, WiFi only.

Any ideas or suggestions?

UncleLes

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Just got the definitive answer to my question.....received a message that 5.0.2 is ready to be installed.

Now I have to decide whether to install it. Given some of the feedback I've seen on this and other forums I think I may wait. KK 4.4.4 is running pretty well for me.

What say you who have 5.0.2 running?

BartmanJax

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
Just got the definitive answer to my question.....received a message that 5.0.2 is ready to be installed.

Now I have to decide whether to install it. Given some of the feedback I've seen on this and other forums I think I may wait. KK 4.4.4 is running pretty well for me.

What say you who have 5.0.2 running?

I had 5.0.1 on my N7 (2013) and went back to 4.4.4. Too many little issues and some software that wouldn't run on Lollipop because the dev's hadn't updated their software.

I am in no hurry to upgrade to Lollipop again. I have it on my N6 and if I could, I would MUCH rather have KK on it that Lollipop.

But that's me...

S Dimmerman

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
Got 5.0.2 yesterday. Everything takes longer to load, from 5 to 30 seconds longer. The keyboard is now white as is most other stuff, so you have bigger battery drain. The set-up on the primary screen has you individually removing each message, where before on 4.4.4 you would pull down from the upper left and you could clear all at once. This is what I have noticed right now, honestly I liked my previous version over this.

mmarion7

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
N7 - Don't Upgrade!
Among other problems 5 FORCES you to use Gmail App - Gmail App FORCES conversation view which is is unreliable and puts things out of chronological order. What has happened to Google?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995