Extreme lag during texting

Geodude074

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Anybody else experiencing extreme lag and stuttering while entering text?

It doesn't matter which app I use, the lag and stuttering is there. I can easily enter more letters than what appears on the screen. It's like the OS is struggling to display the letters I enter.

This makes my phone nearly unusable for daily things. Texting, emails, web browsing - can't do any of them efficiently. I'll be rolling back to KitKat if I can't find a fix.

Found a thread elsewhere where people talk about this issue:
https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=80637

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Is there any app Lollipop doesn't have some issue with? I haven't seen any post saying that Lollipop makes any particular app run better - only the ones it kills. And not just on one model phone - on many different makes and models.

Lollipop the Android Killer.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
You don't say if you are using the stock keyboard.

What device are you using? It is more than likely that you have an incompatible app installed.

Posted via the Android Central App

Geodude074

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
You don't say if you are using the stock keyboard.

What device are you using? It is more than likely that you have an incompatible app installed.

Posted via the Android Central App

I was using the stock keyboard on a Nexus 5.

I switched to Swiftkey and my issues went away.

This morning I deleted the cache from Google Search while doing something else unrelated, which resets the settings on my phone such as what icons/widgets go where and what keyboard to use. Somehow that seemed to resolve the issue as well! I'm now back to using the stock keyboard with no lag.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Is there any app Lollipop doesn't have some issue with? I haven't seen any post saying that Lollipop makes any particular app run better - only the ones it kills. And not just on one model phone - on many different makes and models.

Lollipop the Android Killer.

Imagine that. People don't post to say they use an app that doesn't conflict with Android 5. Okay, I have an Oxford English Dictionary, an Oxford Spanish dictionary, I use the Google Keep and Calendar apps. I use the Kindle app a lot. YouTube, a currency converter, and an app that has Spanish verb conjugations. And, Google maps.

I've tried other apps that worked fine but that I simply didn't need. Oh, and I have a weather app with a widget running. Works fine.

People tend to post problems. People tend not to post everything that isn't a problem.

As to the OP, I clearly don't type at the speed the Geodude does but I text, make calendar entries, make lists for Keep and all using the stock keyboard, switching between English and Spanish, and have no problem with lagging or stuttering.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Ive experienced the lag input while typing using the Google Stock keyboard, whats weird is Lollipop has gradually got worse than when i first installed it...that includes the battery which has gotten worse too, as well as lag in general. No new apps installed, already wiped cache partition and it didnt help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair