Nexus 7 Lacking "Material Design"

MattRevs

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
For some reason, the Lollipop UI for Nexus 7 seemed to have barely changed anything at all. (See attached image) Why is this? Lollipop was initially supposed to have a "fresh" new design featuring a transparent status bar, folder animations, etc. etc. But for some reason, none of these promised changes are seen on both versions of Nexus 7.
Yes, you can always change the launcher in settings to a third party one like "Android Lollipops Theme & icon pack" but one would assume these Android Lollipop features would ACTUALLY BE in stock Android, and Nexus 7 is stock android.
I haven't seen anyone complain about this, so Im taking it upon myself to speak up and bring light on the subject!
If anybody out there can relate or knows anything about why Google has made this decision, please feel free to reply or something.

Posted via Motorola DROID TURBO

Attachments

• 66378.jpg
    66378.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 22

MetalMike901

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Are you using the Google Now Launcher on the Nexus 7? That is probably the difference. Without that launcher installed, the N7 will still look like the jellybean layout. I guess to give people the option for which style they like I suppose. The Nexus 5 includes the GNow launcher stock so it will automatically take on the new look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke