Why can't I download Lollipop on my LG G3?

Detleff Huyssteen

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Can't download lollipop on LG G3

I've recently started the ota download for lollipop. My internet connection was interrupted, and now my phone does not pick up the fact that an update is available any more. As soon as I go to system update, it says my phone is up to date with 4.2.2. I've done a factory reset, but still no luck. I've got a LG G3. Any ideas?

Detleff Huyssteen

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: Can't download lollipop on LG G3

My phone received the ota notification, I started downloading it. After the download was interrupted, I wanted to start the operation again. But the phone wouldn't pick up the update anymore. Maybe it thinks that it has downloaded it. But it hasn't. Still running on 4.2.2 and says no update available??

Posted via the Android Central App

Maiguel5

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site

My phone received the ota notification, I started downloading it. After the download was interrupted, I wanted to start the operation again. But the phone wouldn't pick up the update anymore. Maybe it thinks that it has downloaded it. But it hasn't. Still running on 4.2.2 and says no update available??

If you are rooted you need to unroot or do the manual update from the pc using the recovery option (not a recovery menu, simply using the option that say 'i had problems with an update' on the lg update tool) if you use this option YOU WILL LOSE THE ROOT ACCESS.

lynne22

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site

Maybe you should research whether or not you really want it or not. I'd love to be in your shoes. 2 days away from getting my G3, and I DO NOT want to update, but you have given me an idea....

jaleelhamid

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site

thats because they probably pulled the update after your phone recieved which is why it didnt go all the way through and isnt currently avilable? plus i thought they only android OS versions 4.4.4 can update to lollipop only? maybe your phone had a kitkat 4.4.4 update???

Diogo Seco

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm facing the same problem: my phone was rooted so the OTA update could not be completed, but then I unrooted it (factory reset) and the latest version available to me now is v10l... I have no idea what's going on...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke