How to manually install the latest version of Android Lollipop on my Nexus 5 without loosing apps?

melias24

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi, like the title says How do i manually install the latest version of Android Lollipop on my Nexus 5 without loosing apps?
My Nexus 5 won't get the OTA so i need to do it manually, so how do i do it, without loosing apps?
~Elias

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
If you're stock, you can download the OTA to your computer and sideload it with ADB. Firmware updates don't have APKs, they come in zip folders. APKs are for apps.

melias24

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
If you're stock, you can download the OTA to your computer and sideload it with ADB. Firmware updates don't have APKs, they come in zip folders. APKs are for apps.

If you want to manually install Lollipop on your device you need a Lollipop installer file. Have you got that?

I have no idea what your talking about, any links, or tutorials? I know how to install things and that, but i just don't know what any of this means.

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I have no idea what your talking about, any links, or tutorials? I know how to install things and that, but i just don't know what any of this means.
Yeah, there are a lot of guides out there. Here's one from Android Central: How to manually update your Nexus | Android Central

If you only want to sideload an OTA update (not flash a factory image or unlock your bootloader), you can skip the sections "Unlocking your device" and "Flashing the Stock Nexus firmware image." It's a bit daunting at first, but it's easier than it looks: if you need more help, there are tons of other guides and forum threads on the subject; when in doubt do a Google search.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463