What is wrong with the automatic update for Lollipop? Why was it forgotten?

Lanie Rubyss

Jan 4, 2015
Visit site
I have two android nexus devices, a cell (hammerhead) and a tablet (nasaki). When Lollipop came out, my cell was told, my tablet was not. Being a new update, and having bad experiences with new updates on my tablet, I planned to wait for a bit more stability and till my tablet could update, because I've at least played with failed updates on it before and having my cell down could be bad.

However, not only has nothing came yet, but my cell claims its fully up to date, claiming versions like 5/lollipop no longer exist. Why are both devices making this hard and how do I teach them that updates exist without going through all that root/unlock/wipe/flash crap again like I did before? Is waiting longer honestly going to fix this?

lynne22

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Second time I have said this tonight. I'd kill to be in your shoes. I've spent the last 10 days trying to find out how NOT to get the update. I don't like it at all. I'd prefer to keep Kit Kat....I also think it depends on which country you are in.

jaleelhamid

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I'd kill to get lollipop I just think people are over getting worked over for nothing I have 2 good friends with lollipop on their nexus 4 and5 and love it

Mark Brough

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Lanie - many people are reporting this. We suspect that there are so many problems with Lollipop that Google are restricting the number of customers updating at any one time. Your phone is lying when it says it is up to date - it is not. But will be at some time in the future.

Would be very helpful to thousands or tens of thousands of people if the nerds at Google simply explained what their policy is.

konawarren

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
My Nexus 7 2012 has been ota updated to 5.02 which seems to be working smoothly. My Nexus 7 2013 has not received any lollipop ota notification as yet. Would be nice if Google would make their rollout process more transparent to minimize confusion.

jaleelhamid

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
They rolled it out but then pulled it with all the problem's it has been causing which makes sense and at the moment they are releasing updates to fix the current lollipop issues and once they are resolved the update will roll out

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463