Have a problem and need the community's help.

Got a brand new Nexus 6, connected it to wifi, put in my google account info and then once the phone booted up, went to play store. I am finding that play store is not downloading any app or update. It just keeps spinning on "downloading" message endlessly and doesn't do anything. Tried deleting cache and app data for play store, factory resetting couple of times. tried installing an up from the desktop play store. nothing is working. Network connectivity is clearly there because other apps are working fine. Play store alone is not downloading/updating anything -- but it did connect to my account, shows me the apps installed etc.

Anyone faced this issue or any ideas on what I can do? 
    01-05-2015 01:56 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Try also going to Settings>Apps>All, select Download Manager, and Force Stop, then Clear Cache/Data.
    01-05-2015 06:48 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Try also going to Settings>Apps>All, select Download Manager, and Force Stop, then Clear Cache/Data.
    still not working please help
    01-07-2015 04:19 AM
    Got a brand new Nexus 6, connected it to wifi, put in my google account info and then once the phone booted up, went to play store. I am finding that play store is not downloading any app or update. It just keeps spinning on "downloading" message endlessly and doesn't do anything. Tried deleting cache and app data for play store, factory resetting couple of times. tried installing an up from the desktop play store. nothing is working. Network connectivity is clearly..
    Settings>Apps>All, select Download Manager, and Force Stop, then Clear Cache/Data. still not working

please help
    01-07-2015 04:24 AM
    This worked for me but you skipped a step. After doing all of that you have to reboot the phone. Also if you're trying to download more than one app you have to stop the download and then click install again.
    05-22-2015 10:46 PM
    I've had this problem many times.
    Usually what fixes it for me,
    is navigating to My Apps in Play Store and stopping all the app updates.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-23-2015 07:39 AM