Hi All, I'm using a Nexus 5 not rooted with Lollipop 5.0.1. On KitKat I used an app to enable wifi unlock and it was great. Apparently Lollipop breaks that capability and (from what I can see) no wifi unlock apps work with unrooted Lollipop.

Is that true? Has anyone found a way to enable wifi unlock on Lollipop without rooting? If yes, let me know.

I don't want to root my phone. Thanks!

Advait
    01-13-2015 06:52 AM
    Not sure what you're asking. What do you mean by WiFi unlock?
    01-13-2015 11:31 PM
    I thought "Wifi Unlock" was a term in common usage. Perhaps not. It means that when my Nexus detects my home wifi signal it automatically stops requiring a PIN, Password or Pattern Lock. When I leave my home wifi then my Nexus automatically goes back to requiring a PIN, Password or Pattern Lock.

I found an app yesterday called "Smart Unlock" that does this. So the problem is solved. How do I mark a thread as solved?

Thanks,
    01-14-2015 01:40 AM
    I thought "Wifi Unlock" was a term in common usage. Perhaps not. It means that when my Nexus detects my home wifi signal it automatically stops requiring a PIN, Password or Pattern Lock. When I leave my home wifi then my Nexus automatically goes back to requiring a PIN, Password or Pattern Lock.

I found an app yesterday called "Smart Unlock" that does this. So the problem is solved. How do I mark a thread as solved?

Thanks,
    Ah. Yeah, I've only seen it referred to as smart unlock or trusted WiFi/bluetooth.

No need to mark as solved. Since I have replied it will no longer show up as unanswered. Glad you were able to solve the issue

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Lollipop 5.0.2
    01-14-2015 09:22 AM