I use Hangouts for text messages but almost never to make phone calls. I often have phone numbers connected to Calendar events and sometimes from emails and every time I click on a phone number it opens up the "Open with" window which gives you the option of Phone "Just Once" or "Always" and underneath is the "Use a Different App" with Hangouts Dialer as an option. Say if I click Open with Phone Always, it only saves it for that one specific Calendar event, but not for any other events or phone number links I click.

I just want to disable Hangouts Dialer. Is this even possible? Ever since the last update for Hangouts made it an actual Dialer, I find that now I have to take extra steps to make a phone call after clicking a phone number. I just want it to go straight to the Phone dialer to make the call.

Anyone know if it's currently possible?

Thanks!
    01-23-2015 02:43 AM
    The Hangouts Dialer is now treated as a separate app...just uninstall it
    01-23-2015 08:20 AM
    But I still want to be able to use the dialer to make calls with my Google Voice number once in a while and it's probably needed when receiving calls from the GV number (as opposed to getting that annoying pre-recorded message to press 1 to accept). I just don't want that option to pop up every single time I tap on a phone number to call out. Is there really no way to just disable that part?
    01-23-2015 01:22 PM
    I can see Hangouts Dialer as a separate app in "My Apps" - but I only have the option to "Open" it. No Uninstall.

I'm using a custom KitKat ROM from ... someone. Hmm. I've changed so many times in the last year I can't remember which one I'm on now! (And my phone isn't nearby so I can't check at the moment!)
    06-10-2015 07:05 PM