11-28-2016 10:26 AM
48 12
tools
    Changed the Wi-fi channel from 13 to 11 ... my house Wi-fi appeared immediately
    03-12-2015 01:02 AM
    Why there is an exclamation mark beside wifi in lollipop 5.0.1 ?
    04-01-2015 02:09 AM
    I have been struggling with WiFi dropouts since I installed lollipop. The worst bit is the WiFi doesn't completely drop out, it still appears to be connected but has the little exclamation mark next to it. Sometimes my mobile data kicks in silently, costing me money, and sometimes it doesn't and I stop getting my emails with no warning.
    04-01-2015 06:53 AM
    this worked for me ..

1. Reboot phone and wait until Wifi is connected
    2. Go to Settings and create a new user
    3. Continue with user setup until you see "checking connection"
    4. As soon as you see "checking connection", switch off your phone
    5. Switch on your phone again
    6. Toggle Wifi, and the exclamation mark should disappear quickly
    7. You may optionally remove the new user you just created
    04-20-2015 09:15 AM
    Here is the soloution and answer.

It is very simple to understand if you ever used Windows7.
    just connect your win7 machine with any LAN network your LAN icon will show that you are conncted but a exclamation sign will be there on icon until your LAN is connected to any internet router.

Same here in Lollipop, if your cellular/wifi network doesnt have internet connection it will always show you an exclamation sign next to icons.
    04-24-2015 10:27 AM
    I am getting exclamation mark on wi fi and it does not work as long as there is this mark. I tried many things like removing sim and reinsert it. Switch off and then on, turn off mobile data, wi fi and then on. I also tried to connect other wi fi ther also getting the
    same. I don't understand the reason. I m getting this problem since I upgraded to lollipop 5.1. This exclamation mark disappear for some fine then again start appearing and when ever it again appears my wi fi stops. I have checked my internet connection on other mobile it works fine. Plz give me permanent solution for this. I am unable to use internet on my mobile. My mobile Internet works fine through mobile data there is no problem. Some one plz help me in removing this bloody exclamation mark from wi fi icon.
    05-05-2015 08:49 AM
    I am getting exclamation mark on wi fi and it does not work as long as there is this mark. I tried many things like removing sim and reinsert it. Switch off and then on, turn off mobile data, wi fi and then on. I also tried to connect other wi fi ther also getting the
    same. I don't understand the reason. I m getting this problem since I upgraded to lollipop 5.1. This exclamation mark disappear for some fine then again start appearing and when ever it again appears my wi fi stops. I have checked my internet connection on other mobile it works fine. Plz give me permanent solution for this. I am unable to use internet on my mobile. My mobile Internet works fine through mobile data there is no problem. Some one plz help me in removing this bloody exclamation mark from wi fi icon.
    You may want to take a look at the following guide. Click here for link.
    05-05-2015 06:02 PM
    Have this same issue of not being able to connect to my service provider. Shows MetroPCS logo bu there is and exclamation point next to it. I don't have a second sim card slot. Any help??
    05-11-2015 07:34 PM
    There is an othe way to remove witout changing the sim slots,
    You can do following steps
    1.connect to the any wi-fi network,
    2.now turn ON the data connection of the first sim card(sim-1) at the same time,
    3.turn off the WiFi,
    4.now turn OFF the data connection of sim 1 too.(after few seconds).
    5.Turn ON the Wi-Fi again and finally the symbol of exclamation mark will be gone.๐Ÿ‘
    Hope it will work for you guys (worked for me of-course)
    05-23-2015 09:25 AM
    I have found the solution - read on....

I had upgraded to the lollypop (MotoG-2Gen), looked really good until I found that my mobile data does not function, it had an exclamation mark on the network icon and once wifi is turned ON, exclamation icon shifts from network icon to wifi icon. Wifi works fine but not mobile data. Tried power off, factory reset, every trick of the trade, nothing worked until I tried the last step that fixed it. Hurray!

Removed the sim card and reinserted into the other slot, and this FIXED it !!
    Do let me know if anyone found it helpful? Resolved yours?
    I am not able to put the card in slot looks like it is blocked,now what ?
    06-16-2015 10:52 PM
    This worked for me...thank you!
    06-19-2015 01:18 PM
    Happening for my moto x.. New update received in the morning and WiFi not getting recognized.. All other neighbors networks are visible.. But my homehome network is not visible
    07-02-2015 05:18 AM
    While this MAY be the case for the majority of people posting it is not. Both wifi and cellular data work. The ONLY issue is the exclamation marks. The phone works perfectly well it's just annoying seeing the exclamations all the time
    07-12-2015 11:18 PM
    Swapping of sim really works i am using moto g2 i get rid of these exclamation mark.
    07-31-2015 10:32 PM
    Hi friends,
    I'm using Sony Xperia Z2 single sim, even i'm facing the same problem of wifi exclamation mark after updated to lollipop. I'm following the comments here on a daily basis, but i'm unable to understand what is and how to find "PAC URL" in Auto configuration under Advanced option and in "static" IP setting there is IP address, gateway, DNS1 and DNS2. I'm not well aware on playing with internet settings. Also i understood some steps as per their phone (ex: Samsung, LG or Nexus) but Sony settings are quite different from others. So, i kindly request you assist me step by step on how to find the solution based on Sony system.

Thanks Admin and members.
    08-05-2015 11:44 AM
    Hi, what if we have only one card slot?
    08-05-2015 11:48 AM
    Changing the sim card and putting it in other slot works..
    08-13-2015 12:24 PM
    Hey, I have Xperia Z2 and my problem was the following - right after the update to 5.1 I got the exclamation mark on the wifi icon. For some reason in the beginning I continued to receive watsapp messages for example, but I couldn't refresh fb feed or navigate in websites. I tried multiple things like adding new user, restarting the phone of course, forgetting the wifi network and also use the advanced settings of the wifi network BUT ... I was about to do a factory reset when I thought that I might check my tablet as well. (the internet on my laptop connected to the same network was working all the time), so I checked the tablet which has Kit Kat and realized it can't connect to internet too although it seems connected to the network. The main difference here is that on Lollipop you get the exclamation sign as an indication for some problem (or a bug, whatever...). What I remembered was that the previous evening had some wifi issues on my laptop and switched to Google public DNS. I did exactly the same for both my phone and tablet and it worked. What I did - opened the Advanced settings of my Wifi network (Modify Network), then chose Static IP and under Gateway you have to type the default LAN IP of the router, then the IP of your device (you can check that also in the online router settings because my phone seemed to be connected) then, on DNS 1 is 8.8.8.8 and on DNS 2 is 8.8.8.4.4 The network prefix remains 24 or whatever is by default. I'm telling this in so many details because initially I tried changing the DNS but it didn't work because I wasn't sure exactly what values to fill in. Hope this will helps some of us guys.
    08-19-2015 05:17 PM
    nothing much just check that your wifi is working fine then off wifi and then on it and let it connect .
    the sign vanish in my case u try it..
    09-03-2015 04:37 AM
    Put it on airplane mode and then turn off the airplane mode... Droid Turbo
    01-26-2016 03:52 PM
    Since my phone got updated to lollipop 5.0.2 from kitkat I am noticing there's always an exclamation (!) mark beside the wifi sign above. why is that ? My wifi seems to work fine. I can access the internet so as google pages. Everything seems to be ok but why still this sign ?
    Because you have data over network connection turn on and it is using that over the wifi.I found out the hard way when I was blowing through my allotted data in a week!Its in your phone settings.Evertime Im home,I now go in manually and slide the switch to over wifi data only.I believe it's in data management settings.Hope that helped.Phone is Alcatel Fierce XL,btw.
    04-13-2016 08:16 AM
    Do you know, where are those sign in details saved on the phone, coz my device now directly connects and does not ask me the Login credentials. So where are those credentials saved on the device
    05-25-2016 05:45 AM
    Thank you so much replybobby
    your post solved the problem.

i appreciate you..
    11-28-2016 10:26 AM
48 12