Why is my One M8 giving me so many problems since updating today?

Snipester

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Updated my One M8 today, now the problems started

So here I was, excited to get my hands on the latest Android release, i was the happiest HTC owner this morning when i finally got that "New update available" notification, installed it, everything looked fine, however after a couple of minutes of usage, i started encountering strange freezes, mostly when I use FB Messenger, after i send a message to someone, the whole thing freezes for about a second, so I have to wait a second each time after a message to send another one, it is FRUSTRATING, needless to say that it worked fine before the update, i've tried reinstalling Messenger, but still nothing, I also get strange, short freezes in Chrome, anyone else got this issue?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Updated my One M8 today, now the problems started

Did you wipe the cache partition on the phone? Usually recommendable after an Android OS update, especially a large one

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Lollipop 5.0.2

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site

I downloaded Android 5 a week or so after it came out. I installed it, then did a factory restore--I think that's the term--and I have not a a problem. I did have to download a few of my apps but I had everything else backed up and it restored without a problem.

chipgray

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site

I installed 5.0.2 last week on two Nexus 7s. Chrome keeps crashing, and internet use is aggravating because it lags and stops. Anyone else experiencing these problems?

Snipester

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

So, tried a factory reset and wiped cache again, nothing, still, same freeze. Alright the factory reset did do something for me, now I have "smartlock" in my settings, for some reason it wasn't there before.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

So, tried a factory reset and wiped cache again, nothing, still, same freeze. Alright the factory reset did do something for me, now I have "smartlock" in my settings, for some reason it wasn't there before.

Weird. The smart lock should already have been there if you were on Lollipop.
Is it still lagging heavily?

Snipester

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site

The phone itself doesn't lag, quite the contrary, it's pretty damn snappy, the lag in Chrome is gone, even though it was light. Seems that the only issue i have is with Messenger at the moment, i can't figure out why is it acting out, as I said in the OP, every damn time i send a message in a chat windows, the whole program (not phone) freezes for about a second, it seems like it's having troubles sending the messages, could it be that it's something with the out-network?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

The phone itself doesn't lag, quite the contrary, it's pretty damn snappy, the lag in Chrome is gone, even though it was light. Seems that the only issue i have is with Messenger at the moment, i can't figure out why is it acting out, as I said in the OP, every damn time i send a message in a chat windows, the whole program (not phone) freezes for about a second, it seems like it's having troubles sending the messages, could it be that it's something with the out-network?

Oh, OK. Misunderstood your OP
That sounds like an issue with FB. Did they move the messaging completely over to the Messenger app now?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac