Hi all,

I've just had a smooth update experience to A 5.0.2 on my Moto G.

However, there are two issues I still haven't been able to resolve -

1- Clicking the Recent Apps button I can see a message of "Couldn't add widget" on a dark grey strip at the top of the screen. I started in Safe Mode, cleared cache etc. but the message has not gone away.
    I did recently disable the "google search" app so that the search bar is no longer shown at the top of the screen. Could this be the cause of the message?

2- I've installed Lollipop's nice "Messenger" SMS app. It's working fine, but I notice that whenever I send texts from either this or Hangouts, I don't get a delivery report even though I've enabled that option in the settings.

Any solutions?

Thanks!
    01-29-2015 09:58 PM
    Re-enable Google Search and see if problem #1 goes away.
    01-30-2015 02:56 PM
    phone switch off again . power on problem solved.
    02-02-2015 07:27 PM
    Disabling the Google app you'll hide the Search bar but you can't use that space for any icon or widget. The only way to do that is using a custom launcher.
    02-02-2015 07:40 PM
    Disabling the Google app you'll hide the Search bar but you can't use that space for any icon or widget. The only way to do that is using a custom launcher.
    I also suffer from the "Couldn't add widget" problem ( http://forums.androidcentral.com/and...pps-cards.html ).

I have not disabled Google Search or any other Google services. Restarting the phone in Safe Mode as suggested in the other thread has not resolved the issue.
    02-03-2015 11:14 AM
    Also have the issue. It does appear to be related to the recent apps function. Is there any solution where I could use the Google app and also use the recent apps function?
    03-01-2016 10:03 AM