Hello Android Central!
    PROBLEM:
    I recently got a brand new Nexus 6 running stock ROM, Android 5.0.1. I rooted my phone a while ago, and I installed this application called SoftKeyZ. This application allows you to change the soft key icons on a device that supports on screen soft keys (the home button, the back button, and the recent apps button). None of the custom soft keys worked for my Nexus 6 so I selected a button titles "Backup". That was supposed to restore all the normal soft key files on my phone so they were normal. That did NOT work. The phone is now completely unusable! The notification drawer has disappeared along with all three soft keys!!! So I have no acccess to notifications, or any of the on screen buttons.
    WHAT I TRIED:
    I tried booting into safe mode, and uninstalling the SoftKeyZ application. Note: the soft keys and the notification bar were even nonexistent while in safe mode. So, I then reluctantly attempted to fix the problem by factory reseting my device. THIS DIDN'T WORK EITHER!! So now I have a phone that has no dada on it, it has no notification bar, has no soft keys, and IS UNUSABLE!!!!!!!
    MY THANKS:
    Thank you for reading my post. I hope that you can help me fix my problem because I will be pretty screwed if I cant use my phone due to the fact that I use it to make personal calls, texts, and such. Thank you very much

-Marc
    02-02-2015 02:43 PM
    Welcome.
    That is a bummer.
    Did you make a backup?
    Are you using TWRP or another recovery?
    When you rooted, did you install a different ROM?

Mav.
    02-02-2015 03:12 PM
    Welcome.
    That is a bummer.
    Did you make a backup?
    Are you using TWRP or another recovery?
    When you rooted, did you install a different ROM?

Mav.
    Hello Maverick
    No, no backup
    I had TWRP, but I did a factory reset.
    No, I have no other ROM, but that's what I think I might have to do if I can't restore Android 5.0.1 properly.
    P.S. I appreciate the quick reply
    02-02-2015 03:53 PM
    I just encountered the same problem and i was wondering if you had any success on recovering your keys.
    02-15-2015 10:13 PM
    Hello Android Central!
    PROBLEM:
    I recently got a brand new Nexus 6 running stock ROM, Android 5.0.1. I rooted my phone a while ago, and I installed this application called SoftKeyZ. This application allows you to change the soft key icons on a device that supports on screen soft keys (the home button, the back button, and the recent apps button). None of the custom soft keys worked for my Nexus 6 so I selected a button titles "Backup". That was supposed to restore all the normal soft key files on my phone so they were normal. That did NOT work. The phone is now completely unusable! The notification drawer has disappeared along with all three soft keys!!! So I have no acccess to notifications, or any of the on screen buttons.
    WHAT I TRIED:
    I tried booting into safe mode, and uninstalling the SoftKeyZ application. Note: the soft keys and the notification bar were even nonexistent while in safe mode. So, I then reluctantly attempted to fix the problem by factory reseting my device. THIS DIDN'T WORK EITHER!! So now I have a phone that has no dada on it, it has no notification bar, has no soft keys, and IS UNUSABLE!!!!!!!
    MY THANKS:
    Thank you for reading my post. I hope that you can help me fix my problem because I will be pretty screwed if I cant use my phone due to the fact that I use it to make personal calls, texts, and such. Thank you very much

-Marc
    Did you copy the files & apps in the /system/priv-app/ folder to your SD card first before installing the SoftKeyZ app?
    02-18-2015 06:46 AM
    Flash either a new rom or if you can find one a system ui zip from twrp. You can reflash twrp - a good recovery is essential with rooting and it would not be the problem for on system issues (unless the zip flash was broken)

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-16-2015 09:35 AM