Is there anything good and actually useful in Android 5.0 Lollipop?

Eimeric

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
I like Sandwich Ice Cream and Jelly Bean. I didn't see anything bad in them.

The Kitkat update already annoyed me, bye bye Adblock and welcome to a lot of publicity. But for the rest, it wasn't a real change.

There's an impossible-to-beat mini game copying flappy bird, maybe it's funny for some people. but is it really useful? I already had that game in Pou...
White windows and keyboard? what for? to spend more batter? To annoy our eyes? I preferred the black one.

Bye my root and lag, lag, lag, lag... I'm thinking about going back to Jelly Bean.

Seriously. What's the point of these updates? Is there anything you actually like and consider useful about Android 5.0.2? Something you would miss if you got back an older Android version?

HiiPower

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
I enjoy the consistent design language. It's more streamlined than any other Android version, in my opinion. Battery life seems to have improved, and you can change the keyboard to a different design if you want.

Posted via the Android Central App

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
ART replaced Dalvik. Very nice improvement there and probably the most important improvement in 5.0. Material Design. Many other UI changes & improvements. I would never want to go back to KitKat.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

doc1019

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
I have to admit that I like almost everything about the upgrade with the exception of the battery life! I don't know what happened? I'm lucky if i get 7 or 8 hours before it's completely dead. I used to get close to 16 hours with my current usage.

Morq

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I have to admit that I like almost everything about the upgrade with the exception of the battery life! I don't know what happened? I'm lucky if i get 7 or 8 hours before it's completely dead. I used to get close to 16 hours with my current usage.

Try doing cache wipe maybe? When I had galaxy s5 and upgradated to lolipop it worked great but only after cache wipe.
I also noticed battery life improvement, especially when phone was idling.

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Have you read any of the release info? Im really liking USB audio and MTB on my moto x and am looking forward to having these features on my N7 so it can be used in my vehicle since it has a better audio quality

Eimeric

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the answers. I also have read that Lollipop can improve the camera experience and will be very useful for 64 bits processors.

Perhaps Lollipop only works properly in powerful devices

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
There's no doubt that Lollipop has some significant bugs and features in need of fixing, but I really do believe it's fundamentally solid. It just sucks that people who already have it have to deal with the issues in the meantime. As we move into 5.1 and beyond, I think we're going to really see Lollipop come into its own.

gusar2000

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't like anything about the update :) but agree on the buttery life - it sucks now. Standby time is 2-3 time worse than on 4.4.4. on my N4. :(

dan smartt

Jul 30, 2013
Visit site
No there is no new features on lollipop, in fact some of the old features have been removed - stay on KitKat much more stable

Posted via Android Central App

NectosGames

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
Just a quick reply to share that I use my Nexus 5 with 5.0.1 and it's rock solid. No crash, no bug and it's smoother than on 4.4.
Since 5.0.1, I discovered that battery life is better than on 5.0.0. I play, develop games and heavily use the phone throughout the day. Then again, I reboot it 2 or 3 times a day. With such heavy usage, I can get through a day on a single charge, but I go down to 15-20% when I don't charge mid-day.

Mileage varies it seems. :)

NectosGames

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
I do reboot once a day, but lately I've had batteries issues (ironically) and Force closing any ussless game/app fixed the issue.
I've also had many tabs opened in Chrome that kept on running in the background and drained my battery. Had to close them all.
Weird.

Rockfella

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I want to like Lollypop, just like I want to like 8.1 because I know it is internally way better than Windows 7 and windows 10 is super good. A few updates will probably fix the bugs users are facing now. We consumers just see aesthetic changes in new OS/androids but the people who make all that really do a lot more than we can "see". Just saying.
BTW GPS doesn't lock properly on my new moto G with lollypop (known issue) works amazingly on my Moto E with kitkat.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
When I first got Lollipop on my Nexus 5 it was super laggy, freezing and unstable. Now a few months later and its all been corrected, except for the crappy battery (but this phone alwaya had a poor battery to begin with). It added tons of much needed features and made the overall design seamless.

Posted via the Android Central App