I have an HTC one M8 and foolishly downloaded the software updated without thinking. Firstly is there anyway I can revert back to KitKat?

Problems I have encountered and things I just plain hate.
    Google Play Movies & TV and Soundcloud have stopped working completely.
    It deleted facebook completely (probably a good thing)
    Now when I receive a text or a Whatsapp the little icon doesn't appear until you've unlocked.
    When ever I get a Whatsapp message some ridiculous little pop up slides down from the top of the screen and covers whatever I'm working on.
    When writing messages it keeps autocorrecting to the wrong word even when I've spelt the word correctly.

This is driving me insane, please someone help before I buy a iphone.

I'm no mobile expert and made a huge mistake updating I admit.
    02-09-2015 11:29 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! If you don't consider yourself a mobile expert, then I wouldn't recommend trying to downgrade back to 4.4.4, because it would involve rooting the phone and flashing the ROM.

First, try wiping the cache partition, which can help with various issues after a system update. No personal data will be erased: http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...tc-one-m8.html

For Whatsapp notifications to show up on the lockscreen, go to Settings>Sound & Notification>When Device Is Locked, and select Show All Notification Content. (The exact menu might differ on your phone, since I have a Nexus 5.)

Unfortunately, the little popup notification is how things show up in Lollipop. If you don't want to be disturbed by them while working, you could change your notifications to Priority only (by pressing a Volume button and then tapping Priority on the screen), and make sure WhatsApp is not set as a Priority notification.

Not sure about the autocorrect--that might be a Whatsapp issue. Is autocorrect doing that on other apps?
    02-09-2015 02:19 PM