Hi all,

I've seen similar threads talk about issues with battery life getting killed on the Galaxy S5 recently and now it is happening to me. I've searched through the forums, but haven't found a solution that works for my phone. Basically for the past 3 weeks or so my battery has been dropping 10% in about 20 minutes of moderate use (checking Facebook and maybe a quick check on a game) so I end up with a dead battery in a few hours. I used to be able to go the entire day plus a few hours into the next day before I needed a charge! The top culprits on my current battery usage is display at 4%, Android OS at 4% and Android System at 3%! Plus to top it off my phone is starting to get uncomfortably hot to the touch! There must be something wrong somewhere sucking the juice out of my battery and preventing the cpu from turning off. I've tried to disable apps that I thought may be a problem, as well as turn down my brightness, turn off location, bluetooth etc. And this is another side note my phone automatically switches to wifi regardless if wifi is on or off. This is frustrating because I unchecked the button in the advanced settings of the wifi app that says search for wifi always, so if anyone has a solution for that too I would be very appreciative. Anyways if you have any info or have a similar problem let me know.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-13-2015 07:09 PM
    J-Dub , are you on T-Mobile network by any chance...if you are thats the battery problem. T-Mobile has a severe service problem and they are draining the life out of ALL phones, not just Samsungs...
    02-13-2015 08:09 PM
    Thanks the reply John,

No I'm on Sprint. But it is possible that Sprint is having a similar problem.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-14-2015 11:28 AM
    J-Dub , are you on T-Mobile network by any chance...if you are thats the battery problem. T-Mobile has a severe service problem and they are draining the life out of ALL phones, not just Samsungs...
    That only happened on mine on Sundays every now and then because everyone was home using their data plan (probably to access Netflix). Other then that it's not a problem on T-Mobile.
    02-19-2015 12:28 PM
    J-dubski, You didn't mention that you tried turning it on or off? Maybe that's it? What about active apps? I know you don't have to shut off or turn off active apps, but some just won't turn off and can drain battery. I know any music app doesn't shut off for me at all. They will stay on all day if I let them.

I would double check your apps. There might be one running in the background (checking what's running every now and then helps to find that). Are there any new apps you've downloaded? Check the reviews and see if anyone else is having the same problem since downloading it or updating the app.

Just tossing out some other ideas: Did you switch to a new charging cable or dock? Are you charging it differently then previously? How much memory do you have on your phone (not card, but the internal phone itself), maybe you don't have enough to run all the apps you want? Has it been left out in extreme cold or heat? I know it's water resistant, but did it get too wet? What does it look like if you remove the back cover and battery?

If none of that helps, get some screen shots of your battery life and I'd suggest posting this in the S5 section where more knowledgeable people can help.
    02-19-2015 12:34 PM