On my Nexus 4, why am I unable to access or sync Google apps + location?

athompso2

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Nexus 4 - unable to access or sync google apps + location problems

Hi - I have a Nexus 4 on Lollipop and I believe my problems began to originate when I turned off GPS Location button in the quick settings bar in order to save battery.

Since then, I've been unable to use any google account related apps - gmail, play store, keep etc. They just don't load or sync. I tried re-syncing my google account and it either says "syncing now" or it comes up with an error saying syncing is unavailable. Also I tried removing any of my 3 google accounts but once I press "remove account" nothing happens - the account remains.

I'm sure it's got something to do with the location settings though because 1. all the problems happened when I turned location off for >24 hours and 2. other apps which need my GPS e.g. strava just crash instantly when I try to run them.

Can anyone please suggest a solution? I don't want to try a factory reset just yet if at all possible...

Thanks so much

Alex Wetzel

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Nexus 4 - unable to access or sync google apps + location problems

Hi - I have a Nexus 4 on Lollipop and I believe my problems began to originate when I turned off GPS Location button in the quick settings bar in order to save battery.

Since then, I've been unable to use any google account related apps - gmail, play store, keep etc. They just don't load or sync. I tried re-syncing my google account and it either says "syncing now" or it comes up with an error saying syncing is unavailable. Also I tried removing any of my 3 google accounts but once I press "remove account" nothing happens - the account remains.

I'm sure it's got something to do with the location settings though because 1. all the problems happened when I turned location off for >24 hours and 2. other apps which need my GPS e.g. strava just crash instantly when I try to run them.

Can anyone please suggest a solution? I don't want to try a factory reset just yet if at all possible...

Thanks so much

Have you turned it on at all since these issues occurred?

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol