05-14-2015 08:27 PM
75 123
tools
    It doesn't look as if I've checked into this thread. My wife is running 5.0 on a Note 3, but she just runs apps and sends and receives texts.

I'm still on 4.4.2 (I don't need the SSL fix on a phone - I'd never do anything secure on an insecure connection) and plan on staying here until someone fixes the Note 4 Evolution port or Google comes out with a ROM that actually does something more than eat battery (a white screen on an Amoled display is like sprinkling arsenic on your cereal - done with no thought at all).
    ram1220 likes this.
    04-29-2015 05:34 PM
    I plan to as soon as my friends use it for a week or two. And I see that it is very stable. Sometimes these upgrades are not so reliable from my experiences
    04-29-2015 06:44 PM
    My wife has been using 5.0 lollipop for a few weeks on her S5
    Since we have done a factory reset , her phone has been working good.
    Battery life is good also.
    04-29-2015 06:59 PM
    I will stay with KK. I force close the Lollipop update notification daily. I am not worried about doing a factory reset to get my phone working right with LP. For me the reason to stay with KK is that too many unneeded changes were made to LP that in my opinion are just too annoying. For me the new notification system is a big fail. As well as the music controls on the lock screen. Until these two (huge issues to me) are fixed as well as many other annoyances with LP I will be staying with KK. And if I need to buy a new phone in the meantime I will just have to look at something other than Android. To me LP is a huge step backwards.
    I think you are right!!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 "Size Does Matter!"
    04-29-2015 11:24 PM
    Does anyone know of if the issue of losing network connection when SGS4 moves from LTE To a lower network has been fixed in LP? ISSUE: When switching say from LTE to 4G you'd loose network connection all together. For some reason turning on and off airplane mode fixes it. Just wondering if anyone experiencing that in KK has seen it vanish in LP.

Thanks.
    Steve.

Samsung Galaxy S4 And 4.4.2 Switched from Z10 July 26.2014
    04-30-2015 12:35 PM
    I'm actually considering flashing my 2012 Nexus 7 back to KitKat. Even on 5.1 it's dog slow and occasionally becomes unresponsive when apps "lock".

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    04-30-2015 12:50 PM
    There are lots of people who have downloaded lollipop and not had a problem.

Kinda hard for me to go threw life and not think there will be bumps in the road.
    Yes, it's true that many people have downloaded Lollipop and have had no problems. But there are also many people who have had problems, often serious problems. For me, it's not worth the risk, esp. since KitKat works beautifully on my tablet and my phone, and Lollipop offers me very little that I want or need. So I'd prefer to avoid the bumps in the road whenever possible, especially since some of those bumps are huge potholes that can cause serious damage.
    ram1220 likes this.
    04-30-2015 12:50 PM
    Good to know. I hear though it can be unpredictable between users.
    04-30-2015 01:59 PM
    Aside from one glitch putting me at the mercy of the God's several times a day kitkat has been good on all of our S4s. I'd have preferred the they enhance kitkat rather than unilaterally deciding what "they" feel the market should have and completely changing everyone's phone way of life. Just my opinion of course.

I haven't found anywhere online where users have asked for any of the changes in LP. I hesitate based on readings, to call them enhancements. Of course all of this is sans actual LP experience.

Samsung Galaxy S4 And 4.4.2 Switched from Z10 July 26.2014
    ram1220 likes this.
    04-30-2015 02:56 PM
    Updated to 5.0. Nexus 7, all right. Also some applications works better that 4.4
    05-02-2015 06:28 AM
    I've updated one of my devices and it's perfect
    05-02-2015 08:13 AM
    I've updated one of my devices and it's perfect
    But you could have a problem.
    05-02-2015 10:33 AM
    But you could have a problem.
    I talked yesterday with a tech rep from Verizon and went over the problems I am having on my Note 3. She said she had a Note 3 that she loved and let's take a look at what it does! She found that she had most of the same problems mine has! Just features that she had not tried before. Now we're both waiting for future updates and I'm to stay in touch with her over changes!

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 "Size Does Matter!"
    05-02-2015 11:05 AM
    S5 on At&t. Upgraded and phone is buttery smooth, fast and battery life is much better. Did not encounter a single issue.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-02-2015 11:06 AM
    I just got my Sprint LG G3 Thursday. I updated it with some android update the first time (I believe bug fixes for KitKat 4.4.2). Then Friday night I updated it to Lollipop 5.0.1 and its been Amazing since. Haven't had any issues with it except the play store forclosing. I reset it at least 6 times before and after the update and cleared partition to make sure I didn't experience any bugs or problems during and after the update. So far its working great (no more forclosing play store) but I haven't put my Google account or any apps or updated anything else except for the OS. I'll do that tonight and see what happens. Hopefully all goes well.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-02-2015 03:09 PM
    The version info.

Attached Thumbnails Do you plan on updating to Lollipop, or you will stay with KitKat?-17999.jpg  
    05-02-2015 03:09 PM
    Updated SGS4 last night. Works pretty good so far. Email app loads very slowly with the spinning circle for about 10 seconds. Work around is leave it open in the background.

Honestly not too much in the update that I'd consider an "upgdade" per se'. Whether it fixed the data disconnect Kb only time will tell. If it does then that's worth the change of OS.

Generally it seems to me they've fixed a bunch of stuff that wasn't broken. Just my opinion.

Samsung Galaxy S4 And 4.4.2 Switched from Z10 July 26.2014 STAYING AWAY FROM LP
    05-03-2015 09:06 AM
    I have 5.02 available as of yesterday but I'm staying on KK. Most of the problems are persistent right up until 5.1.1 so I'm staying away until my carrier pushes that one. Current commonly reported problems for my device so far are battery drain, media volume reduction, lag, camera issues. Since I plan on updating this fall, my current phone will probably be replaced by the time all the fixes roll out anyway. Waiting 5 months for an incredibly poor OS update has me seriously considering leaving Android.

Good point above by the way. I agree with the folks who said a lot of the people saying their update is fine aren't aware that it isn't until it's pointed out to them so I take their feedback with a block of salt.
    Jalopiejoe and ram1220 like this.
    05-03-2015 04:11 PM
    I'm staying far away from it. I had the note 3 which I was absolutally in love with that phone. Updated to lollipop and it ruined the phone. I could not use it more than 30 minutes without it eating all of the battery. And that was just surfing the web a little, texting a little, and one 5 min phone call. I took it to my carrier and we did a factory reset. Didn't change a thing. So I was on the jump program and I just went ahead and upgraded to the note 4. Since they told me I could not put it back to kit kat.

Long story short their was a issue and I got the phone for the same amount I had left paying on my note 3. But I won't go into that here.

So I will wait for a loooong time before even trying it. I would have to hear all the bugs have been fixed. In the meantime I am perfectally happy with kitkat. Why change something that is working is what I go by now. lol.
    ram1220 likes this.
    05-04-2015 06:50 AM
    I hate the tiny photos in the contacts, and you are correct they are more difficult to see.

05-05-2015 11:27 PM
    I've already visited my local AT&T store and and asked them how to get rid of Lollipop and they told me it is impossible once you upgrade. I bought my Note 4 on Saturday and fell in love with it. By Sunday the update completely trashed the phone that I loved. Please, if someone knows how to get rid of it, I'd love to know too!

05-06-2015 05:50 AM
    I've already visited my local AT&T store and and asked them how to get rid of Lollipop and they told me it is impossible once you upgrade. I bought my Note 4 on Saturday and fell in love with it. By Sunday the update completely trashed the phone that I loved. Please, if someone knows how to get rid of it, I'd love to know too!

You'd need to be able to unlock the bootloader and then reflash a KitKat build onto it. Your phone would be entirely wiped clean. Not sure, but I think many manufacturers (Samsung included) have made it nearly impossible to unlock. Another reason to buy Nexus.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    05-13-2015 04:43 PM
    Upgraded my wife's S5 to Lollipop.
    Haven't has a problem.
    Go to Best Buy and show the samsung people your problem.
    05-13-2015 05:46 PM
    I flashed an old Samsung Galaxy W to a Cyanogenmod ROM which is Lollipop based. AFter that I get the on screen buttons and the hardware buttons running at the same time. It felt weird IMHO.

Its not Lollipop being the issue, but the phone was just not suited to this new OS.
    05-14-2015 03:22 PM

Before you go through the trouble of re-flashing Kit-Kat, I believe I would do a factory reset. Lollipop has caused a lot of problem that can be cleared up with a factory reset. I always do a factory reset after a upgrade.
    05-14-2015 08:27 PM
75 123