Do you plan on updating to Lollipop, or you will stay with KitKat?

DGol

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
My husband updated and hates the bright white background on settings, contacts, etc. Also the photos on the contacts list are much smaller and it's hard for us to make out the pictures. Little things, but it's really annoying that we can't change the background color. So I will probably stay with KitKat unless I see a very good reason to update.

altec135

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
I was a long time iphone user. I switched and had nothing but great experiences with my note 4....until this update. In iphone, I never had issues with updates. It never screwed things up like settings. It wasn't invasive. Your settings stays put and new options added. Thus update is a mess. Some apps I used are not working properly, I have to fix some settings etc. Exactly what I love to do...kill my time fixing annoying **** I spent time on getting how things how I like them. Does anyone know if my local ATT reflash my phone back to kitkat?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Now that AT&T Note 3 and Note 4 have both updated I can say that I don't have any complaints at all. My Note 3 updated to 5.0 and the 4 updated to 5.0.1. Between Samsung & AT&T they vetted the updates thoroughly and all seems well enough. Now I just have to wait for my Note Edge to get the same treatment.

♻from the n.3 controller🍶🍭

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
My Htc one m7 is rocking lollipop with no issues. My G3 was accidentally updated updated I'm not as happy about it

Posted via Android Central App

saradha devi

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Unless you want a useless phone with looks designed by kids and an os which has not been tested by google, stay with KitKat.. You'll not miss anything.. Peace of mind...

canterp

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
DON'T DO IT.

Emperor's new clothes !

Can not understand how so called expertsare praising 5.

So many problems and so many steps backwards.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I suppose that if everyone has good things to say about 5.1, I might consider it, since I usually prefer to keep my system up to date. However, to be honest, I've heard nothing so far about Lollipop that gives me any incentive to leave KitKat 4.4.4.

If you're going to wait until "everyone" says it's great, you'll never do it. There are people who thoroughly enjoy hating something new or different.

cybernutte

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
If you're going to wait until "everyone" says it's great, you'll never do it. There are people who thoroughly enjoy hating something new or different.

I agree with what you've said. I was using "everyone" loosely, not literally. But the many reports of problems with Lollipop, including from people who have in the past seemed sensible and not knee-jerk nay-sayers, make me reluctant to risk moving to Lollipop at this time. KitKat is working well for me, and Lollipop doesn't seem to offer much that I need.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I agree with what you've said. I was using "everyone" loosely, not literally. But the many reports of problems with Lollipop, including from people who have in the past seemed sensible and not knee-jerk nay-sayers, make me reluctant to risk moving to Lollipop at this time. KitKat is working well for me, and Lollipop doesn't seem to offer much that I need.
While I've had a great experience with Lollipop so far (on a G3, Note 3, and Note 4) the only thing I like better about than Kit Kat is the SD support. ...and I don't spend a lot of time trying to write to my SD cards anyways.

📐♻from the sliq side with the n.Edge✒🍫

Gw0lgn

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I have gone back to KitKat after lollipop made my nexus 7 2013 unstable and very very slow. Hope they can fix it in 5.1, was surprised how much faster KitKat seems when I went back to it.

Posted via the Android Central App

cybernutte

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
In Lollipop you can give a 3rd party app permission to write to the SD card. IME, the first time you try a little tutorial pops up on how to accomplish this.
Thanks for this info. It's the first thing I have heard about Lollipop that sounds attractive. It doesn't outweigh all the negatives many people have experienced, but it tells me that if 5.1 or some later version finally gets rid of most of the problems, there may be a good reason to update.

fablis

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
To answer your question, I am staying with KitKat 4.4.4, there are far too many bugs to apps that I use, and more importantly wi-fi issues that people are experiencing since upgrading, so it's a big fat NO to Lollipop from me.

The only issue for those like me that are staying with KitKat is that they won't be able to use the What's New app for updates to their Sony apps, I say this as this will hold all the updates for Sony apps on Lollipop and beyond.

It will be interesting if the update centre will show new updates for apps now that Lollipop has surfaced, I would like to think that the current Update Centre on Sony smartphones will continue to work until you upgrade, it should, especially if you decide to go for Lollipop, but I am thinking more about app updates on it.

Last edited:

fablis

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
In Lollipop you can give a 3rd party app permission to write to the SD card. IME, the first time you try a little tutorial pops up on how to accomplish this.

??????♻from the sliq side with the n.Edge✒??????

Rar for Android now has an option to write to a home folder in SD card, I can't remember the string unfortunately. So does this mean that if the app is written to do this it over-rides the OS command?

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I upgraded a month ago. Couldn't answer the phone when somebody called.
Took it to Best Buy they backed up the phone and did a factory reset and everything is great.

If you listen to everything on the internet you will probably bury your head in the sand.
All you hear is the bad, not any of the good.
Guess when people have one problem it runs like wildfire scaring everybody else.
The internet is good. But as good as it is. Its bad.
There are lots of people who have downloaded lollipop and not had a problem.

Kinda hard for me to go threw life and not think there will be bumps in the road.
Got to take the Bad with the good and go on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret