05-14-2015 08:27 PM
75 123
tools
    For those who have read reviews for Lollipop, but still haven't got it on their device, do you plan on updating, or you will stay with KitKat?
    02-23-2015 09:22 AM
    I wish I didn't have to update mostly because I don't like the new notification system and interruption handling... plus all the bugs I've been reading about only make me dread it more. But I guess when the update hits my phone (T-Mobile Note 4) I will update. It's no use staying 'in the past'. I will, however, do a factory reset after updating though. And if Lollipoop is really poopy enough to make me hate it, there's always other OSs, right?
    02-23-2015 10:07 AM
    Wasn't planning on it, but I saw a CM 12 Nightly that was supposed to be bug free and Xposed was working on Lollipop. No significant issues so far. Very smooth, fast, nice animations and great battery life.

Sent from my G2 running CM 12
    02-23-2015 10:13 AM
    I plan to stay away from Lollipop when it's released for the Note 4 (OTA updater has been disabled) since it's rock solid on its original release of Kit Kat (4.4.4). If it ain't broke....

I'm content to wait for a newer version of Android when I get a new device (ex. Note 5 or 6).
    BartmanJax and fablis like this.
    02-23-2015 10:45 AM
    I will update on either my Note 4 or my Note Edge. ...prolly the 4 first. ...and even then I'll wait I while and see what kind of experience folks are having around these parts first. Like Synycalwon wrote, "If it ain't broke...." However, I have backup devices and I'm not sure when the Note 3 might get it. TBH, there still seems little I need from Lollipop except it's more-adequate handling of SD cards, which would be welcome. I'm sure TouchWiz will cover up the other little UI things I don't really care for anyways.
    02-23-2015 11:10 AM
    I will update on either my Note 4 or my Note Edge. ...prolly the 4 first. ...and even then I'll wait I while and see what kind of experience folks are having around these parts first. Like Synycalwon wrote, "If it ain't broke...." However, I have backup devices and I'm not sure when the Note 3 might get it. TBH, there still seems little I need from Lollipop except it's more-adequate handling of SD cards, which would be welcome. I'm sure TouchWiz will cover up the other little UI things I don't really care for anyways.
    It doesn't, apparently it makes it even more annoying and complicated than what Google had managed to get it to. Have I mentioned I REALLY don't like Lollipop's new notification system?
    Galaxy Note 4 Volume/Interruptions setup on Lollipop offers worst of both worlds | Android Central
    GregMargie likes this.
    02-23-2015 11:23 AM
    I hope that's just some type of beta (by another name?) that they're testing in Europe and by the time it hits the US market it'll be out of beta, be worthy of production, and that nonsense will be fixed.
    02-23-2015 12:18 PM
    I updated my Nexus 5 months ago, have had no problems, and am glad I updated to Android 5.
    02-23-2015 03:53 PM
    I suppose that if everyone has good things to say about 5.1, I might consider it, since I usually prefer to keep my system up to date. However, to be honest, I've heard nothing so far about Lollipop that gives me any incentive to leave KitKat 4.4.4.
    ram1220 and fablis like this.
    02-23-2015 04:51 PM
    5.0.2 became available for my Moto G today. I'm going to wait a week or two to see how many people using the same device and carrier end up on the floor, in the fetal position, shuddering in a pool of their own tears.
    02-24-2015 07:10 PM
    I will wait until a stable version of Lollipop is released.

I plan to stay away from Lollipop when it's released for the Note 4 (OTA updater has been disabled) since it's rock solid on its original release of Kit Kat (4.4.4). If it ain't broke....

I'm content to wait for a newer version of Android when I get a new device (ex. Note 5 or 6).
    How to disable OTA updater?
    02-25-2015 01:56 AM
    I suppose that if everyone has good things to say about 5.1, I might consider it, since I usually prefer to keep my system up to date. However, to be honest, I've heard nothing so far about Lollipop that gives me any incentive to leave KitKat 4.4.4.
    Let me know when "everyone" has good things to say about anything. There are those who have a vested interest in not saying anything good and there are others whose personality won't allow them to say anything good.
    02-25-2015 03:24 AM
    I'm hoping for the L update on my Note 3 on O2 UK ASAP

My Note 2, I'm not holding my breath in all honesty. Just wish I was brave enough to root my phone and put Lollipop on it, but alas I'm not

I updated to L on my Nexus 5 as soon as it was available and had zero issues with it, really liked the layout of it and the new features etc...
    02-25-2015 06:30 AM
    I will wait until a stable version of Lollipop is released.

How to disable OTA updater?
    Usually root is required to disable the OTA updater for most devices. But for the Note 4, there's a non-root method (see links below).

- Verizon version: [GUIDE] Disable Knox and the OTA without root… | Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 | XDA Forums
    - AT&T version: [GUIDE] Disable KNOX, OTA Updates, and other… | AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 4 | XDA Forums
    02-25-2015 08:27 AM
    I don't have a phone from this year, so I don't expect to be offered the opportunity anytime soon.
    I'm pretty sure this is Android's slowest rollout yet, no?
    02-25-2015 02:49 PM
    I am staying with Kit Kat. There is nothing in Lollipop that appeals to me. In fact just the opposite. I received the notification from Sprint to "update" and I refused it. So far so good. It hasn't bugged me again to download Lollipop. I don't like the notifications in Lollipop and I think the whole thing just looks too flat and cartoonish.
    fablis likes this.
    02-27-2015 05:08 PM
    I will be hitting the ingnore "Update" for awhile once it comes. My Note 4 is running so smoothly now after the whole SD card fiasco I had the first few days I had it, so I would like to see the SD card handled better. I think its great when they update to new great features, BUT, when they cause great issues, it's not so GREAT! I agree with, "If it aint Broken....."
    fablis likes this.
    02-27-2015 05:27 PM
    It doesn't, apparently it makes it even more annoying and complicated than what Google had managed to get it to. Have I mentioned I REALLY don't like Lollipop's new notification system?
    Galaxy Note 4 Volume/Interruptions setup on Lollipop offers worst of both worlds | Android Central
    Thanks for posting that link!
    02-27-2015 05:28 PM
    I tried CM12 and hated it. Plus there was an intermittent popping noise emitting from my speaker. I went back to KK CM11 and couldn't be happier.
    02-27-2015 05:56 PM
    I am sticking with KK. The thought of having to do a refresh kills the deal for me. Happy with KK.
    ram1220, cybernutte and fablis like this.
    02-28-2015 10:41 AM
    My husband updated and hates the bright white background on settings, contacts, etc. Also the photos on the contacts list are much smaller and it's hard for us to make out the pictures. Little things, but it's really annoying that we can't change the background color. So I will probably stay with KitKat unless I see a very good reason to update.
    fablis likes this.
    02-28-2015 10:26 PM
    I was a long time iphone user. I switched and had nothing but great experiences with my note 4....until this update. In iphone, I never had issues with updates. It never screwed things up like settings. It wasn't invasive. Your settings stays put and new options added. Thus update is a mess. Some apps I used are not working properly, I have to fix some settings etc. Exactly what I love to do...kill my time fixing annoying **** I spent time on getting how things how I like them. Does anyone know if my local ATT reflash my phone back to kitkat?
    03-29-2015 06:36 AM
    Now that AT&T Note 3 and Note 4 have both updated I can say that I don't have any complaints at all. My Note 3 updated to 5.0 and the 4 updated to 5.0.1. Between Samsung & AT&T they vetted the updates thoroughly and all seems well enough. Now I just have to wait for my Note Edge to get the same treatment.

♻from the n.3 controller🍶🍭
    03-29-2015 08:14 AM
    My Htc one m7 is rocking lollipop with no issues. My G3 was accidentally updated updated I'm not as happy about it

Posted via Android Central App
    03-29-2015 08:30 AM
    Unless you want a useless phone with looks designed by kids and an os which has not been tested by google, stay with KitKat.. You'll not miss anything.. Peace of mind...
    fablis likes this.
    03-29-2015 01:16 PM
75 123