HTC One m7 smart lock

skip124

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
hi folks just a quick question, i have the HTC one m7 running 5.0.2 and the smart lock option enabled, however today i traveled out of the range of the trusted place but the smart lock still registered my phone as being in the trusted place and unlocked without code access, ( i had mobile internet enabled so gps should have picked up my location) another thing is i cant manually disable the smart lock option by clicking on the lock icon, which your supposed to be able to do. am i missing an option here

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
hi folks just a quick question, i have the HTC one m7 running 5.0.2 and the smart lock option enabled, however today i traveled out of the range of the trusted place but the smart lock still registered my phone as being in the trusted place and unlocked without code access, ( i had mobile internet enabled so gps should have picked up my location) another thing is i cant manually disable the smart lock option by clicking on the lock icon, which your supposed to be able to do. am i missing an option here

Just an FYI that just because Mobile Internet is enabled that doesn't mean GPS is. Mobile Internet uses cell tower triangulation to determine your location, and it's not very accurate.

Gps on the other hand is far more accurate, down to within about 10 meters, but it's usually closer.

As for the smart lock feature, I've seen my phone do this also.. I disabled trusted places until it can be more fleshed out.. trusted bluetooth and trusted nfc work great though and are always spot on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair