04-13-2018 02:42 AM
168 12345 ...
tools
    Looking into this further, I think the problem may be with location services. My location is off by a block and a half, and it keeps jumping back and forth between that incorrect street corner and the correct location.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-23-2015 01:52 PM
    Yeah, location, especially for Your Places is totally screwed up. The "Work" badge keeps following my blue location dot around. When I click on Work in Your Locations, the pin drop goes to the right place, but the word Work is moving around with the blue dot.

03-23-2015 01:57 PM
    Scratch that. It's not a problem with locations. I turned on WiFi and had super accurate location reported and Smart Lock still failed.

GPS is broken.

gone down south likes this.
    03-23-2015 03:56 PM
    The method I used above did get it working with "no toggles" though, so not completely broken. My "no toggles" version can toggle the home location on/off by tapping which brings up an "Edit/Turn off this location" panel. However, my duplicate home address that I manually added to the list can only be "removed/renamed" by tapping it. Turning off the home location "from Google maps" disabled completely (didn't function with manually entered home), so perhaps each location needs to be in the list twice (From Google Maps & manually entered)?
    03-24-2015 04:31 AM
    The method I used above did get it working with "no toggles" though, so not completely broken. My "no toggles" version can toggle the home location on/off by tapping which brings up an "Edit/Turn off this location" panel. However, my duplicate home address that I manually added to the list can only be "removed/renamed" by tapping it. Turning off the home location "from Google maps" disabled completely (didn't function with manually entered home), so perhaps each location needs to be in the list twice (From Google Maps & manually entered)?
    Do you have more than one location in Trusted Places? Besides the double Home entry?

03-24-2015 05:20 AM
    I've added duplicates of my work and home locations (off by one building number). Let's see if this works when I go to work, as a temporary fix.

This version of Trusted Places (the one without the toggles) is clearly an "incomplete" one. The manner in which you enter locations just feels very Beta. I think they included the wrong version of the code in this version of GPS. Hopefully an update will soon fix it.

03-24-2015 05:28 AM
    I just read the directions for Trusted Places here:

https://support.google.com/nexus/ans...unlocking&rd=1

And it seems this interface is how they want it to be. The only location it important from Google Maps is the Home location. This isn't good. The interface is far worse than the previous one with the toggles, and as reported here, doesn't work.

03-24-2015 05:36 AM
    OK I've added 5 locations around Home and 5 locations around my work. Let's see if this works.

03-24-2015 05:41 AM
    Adding the five locations around my work location has worked.

Spring2784 likes this.
    03-24-2015 07:26 AM
    Fixed this on my Nexus 6.

I turned on On Body Location in smartlock then toggled it off and magically the trusted places work again.

Don't know why, don't know how. But it worked for my "Work" location. Testing "home" later on.
    03-24-2015 04:08 PM
    I have never had this working at all until tonight and thought I'd share what I did. I got it working like this. 1st go to Google maps swipe left and tap settings, tap edit home or work and make sure the addresses are right. Mine were not. It was a rare technicality though. Then go into the Smart lock settings. Tap Trusted places. Tap add trusted place. Now this is what got it working flawless for me, when you tap add trusted place your GPS will be updating. There will be a blue dot that shows up. Add the House closest to the blue dot where it first appeared(this is your rough GPS location before a GPS lock) Then add all your surrounding neighbors to your trusted locations until it works. I know everyone in my neighborhood so I'm not worried . If you ever had a problem where your phone is lost, you would just have to log in to Android Device Manager and make it ring full volume, lock it or even wipe your device worst case scenario. II you are worried for security reasons then don't add any places but I tried every single thing imaginable provided by Google/XDA/AC etc. I did this by accident and it worked. I hope this helps. Peace.
    03-24-2015 09:50 PM
    Fixed this on my Nexus 6.

I turned on On Body Location in smartlock then toggled it off and magically the trusted places work again.

Don't know why, don't know how. But it worked for my "Work" location. Testing "home" later on.
    Update? I bet it didn't work at Home. It only works one place at a time, then you have to reset the next one.

Adding five locations around each of my Trusted Places worked for me.

03-24-2015 10:27 PM
    I have never had this working at all until tonight and thought I'd share what I did. I got it working like this. 1st go to Google maps swipe left and tap settings, tap edit home or work and make sure the addresses are right. Mine were not. It was a rare technicality though. Then go into the Smart lock settings. Tap Trusted places. Tap add trusted place. Now this is what got it working flawless for me, when you tap add trusted place your GPS will be updating. There will be a blue dot that shows up. Add the House closest to the blue dot where it first appeared(this is your rough GPS location before a GPS lock) Then add all your surrounding neighbors to your trusted locations until it works. I know everyone in my neighborhood so I'm not worried . If you ever had a problem where your phone is lost, you would just have to log in to Android Device Manager and make it ring full volume, lock it or even wipe your device worst case scenario. II you are worried for security reasons then don't add any places but I tried every single thing imaginable provided by Google/XDA/AC etc. I did this by accident and it worked. I hope this helps. Peace.
    What you're saying is that you added multiple locations around your core desired location? Yes that worked for me.

03-24-2015 10:28 PM
    It only works in one place. It will work at home, but then when I get to work, it won't work. So I reenter my work location, and it works. Then I get home, and it has stopped working at home. So I turn home off then on, and it works again. Then the next day, it won't work at work. And so on and so forth.

Extremely frustrating that they broke this great feature.

And why is my Google Maps saved work location not available in Smart Lock automatically like it used to be???

I have exactly the same problem: works at home but cannot add second trusted place! Very annoying
    03-25-2015 01:10 AM
    What you're saying is that you added multiple locations around your core desired location? Yes that worked for me.

This method has worked for me.

03-25-2015 05:09 AM
    I have exactly the same problem: works at home but cannot add second trusted place! Very annoying
    Add five locations for your second place, all around it. Annoying, I know, but at least it will work.

03-25-2015 05:53 AM
    Got it to work by adding more trusted places but after a reboot of the phone they have all been deleted so I guess the fix is not permanent

03-25-2015 06:25 AM
    Update? I bet it didn't work at Home. It only works one place at a time, then you have to reset the next one.

Adding five locations around each of my Trusted Places worked for me.

This did work at home too. I toggled on body location on and off again and it worked with the google maps "home" location. Maybe it triggered something to turn on. I did not manually add any locations either. It didn't fix itself instantly. Took a couple minutes then worked. Still working this morning at home location. No clue why this worked
    03-25-2015 06:31 AM
    Strange thing is, everybody is only mentioning Smart Places is not working anymore, but also Trusted Devices is not working anymore with Android 5.1.....
    03-25-2015 06:32 AM
    Strange thing is, everybody is only mentioning Smart Places is not working anymore, but also Trusted Devices is not working anymore with Android 5.1.....
    No. Trusted Devices works fine.

03-25-2015 12:35 PM
    Has anyone searched for an open issue on google code (android) ?
    I couldn't find anything.

I have the same problem. It worked allright till like a week ago where it suddently Smart Lock stopped working with trusted locations.
    03-25-2015 12:36 PM
    Interestingly, I have yet to receive the new on-body detection feature, so I can't try the fix others have suggested to toggle that feature in order to fix trusted locations.

Maybe that means Google has stopped rolling that feature out due to problems it creates with trusted locations, and will fix all problems in a forthcoming update!

One can hope. 😀

03-25-2015 01:29 PM
    Has anyone searched for an open issue on google code (android) ?
    I couldn't find anything.

I have the same problem. It worked allright till like a week ago where it suddently Smart Lock stopped working with trusted locations.
    Someone posted in Code and got yelled at that it was the wrong place, and the thread was closed.

03-25-2015 03:33 PM
    I had same thing happen - added house on either side of mine, everything seemed to work fine again. Rebooted and those other trusted places were gone.

However, when I added houses a few either side of mine (about the point at where the blue dotted circle around my house went to) things worked fine *and* those additional trusted places remained after a reboot.

Oddly, this was all working fine at my house up till today but hadn't worked the last few times I was at my parent's house on other side of town. Will be doing same thing for that location that I did for Home.

Smart lock is working file for me with either Trusted Devices or On Body.
    03-25-2015 04:59 PM
    Mine got broken before the On Body Detection roll out, and I kept getting Play Services crash errors.

Posted via Android Central App
    03-26-2015 02:50 AM
168 12345 ...