04-13-2018 02:42 AM
168 ... 4567
tools
    That's the only solution that has worked for me so far. Everything else doesn't.
    What version of play services do you have?

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-18-2015 12:10 PM
    04-18-2015 12:15 PM
    Very strange, when I had 7.0.99 and uninstalled updates of gmail, it worked for me, too. But with new play services it is no problem for me to update gmail.

04-18-2015 12:18 PM
    Very strange, when I had 7.0.99 and uninstalled updates of gmail, it worked for me, too. But with new play services it is no problem for me to update gmail.

Are you using exchange?
    04-18-2015 12:19 PM
    Are you using exchange?
    No, I only use IMAP.

Maybe you can post your problem in the google forum, I give you the address with screenshot, because I'm not able to post links.

04-18-2015 12:23 PM
    The screenshot ;-)

Attached Thumbnails Smart lock trusted places not working anymore-36587.jpg  
    04-18-2015 12:23 PM
    Well I have the 7.0.99 version of Google Play Services and it's been working quite nicely, I think the problem is to do with Location Reporting accuracy, or lack of.

Posted via Android Central App
    04-20-2015 09:40 AM
    I downloaded the new Google Play services and still have the same issue. Turns out that it's the new version Gmail is what's disabling the Smart Lock feature. The only solution would be to roll back to the factory version of Gmail for the Nexus 6.
    This has worked for me as well. I'm on GPS 7.0.99. Once I get the update of GPS, I will update the gmail app as well and see if smart lock works.
    04-20-2015 10:19 AM
    I'm now using the latest version of Google play services (7.3.29) and, at least at my home location, smart lock works consistently. For some reason, it will not pull in my office address from Google maps - I have to add locations manually, which causes it to work somewhat reliably. Imperfect solution, but better than nothing!

04-25-2015 02:45 PM
    Smart Lock worked for me today at home on my nexus 7 for the first time in months. I checked and now have GPS 7.3.29 so that must have fixed it.

04-26-2015 09:48 PM
    If anyone is all having this issue, this is what worked for me: I turned off my home location, then added the same location with a separate name. That allowed my phone to stay unlocked when at home. Hope that helps!
    07-20-2015 07:23 PM
    Mine just stopped working again a few days ago & I know that there was an update to Google Play Services.
    I did just as you suggested, rebooted my phone & then reenabled everything. Trusted places is not working again.
    07-30-2015 05:34 PM
    My S6 won't let me uninstall updates on google play...
    08-10-2015 08:32 AM
    Here's the fix guys.... I was having the same issue. Trusted place. Home. Not working, would only work when using the hard key to turn off the screen (nexus 6 running 5.1.1) I've been using GRAVITY SCREEN for a year now. I noticed in settings a box for SMART LOCK check this box and smart lock works perfect... With automatic screen off... Attached is a SS of the settings.. Hope this helps

Attached Thumbnails Smart lock trusted places not working anymore-31742.jpg  
    09-30-2015 02:32 PM
    I finally figured out what disabled Smart Lock on my Nexus 6. I have the gmail app configured for all my email accounts including two exchange server ones. It was administrator properties that my Exchange server accounts now control...in other words Exchange servers do not trust smart lock and if you disallow gmail to have administration rights in your settings then all exchange accounts get deleted. Yay security?
    10-02-2015 05:21 AM
    Smart Lock has been working again for me ever since I put in several neighbors addresses...most of the time. About once a month I wake up to a request for my lock. Works perfectly in my car though.
    10-02-2015 08:43 AM
    You said you wake up and have to use your fingerprint, which reminded me of a similar problem I had with it. I don't know if this applies to you, but we are using a Network Extender in our home since we do not have a good cellular signal. If our Network Extender loses its GPS signal, it doesn't know where we are and I found that secure locations did not then. If you are on the Network Extender, when you flick on your screen, the lock screen will say Network Extender in the upper left corner.

Another thing to check is in Settings under Location, make sure location method is set on high accuracy.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk
    10-02-2015 12:34 PM
    You said you wake up and have to use your fingerprint, which reminded me of a similar problem I had with it. I don't know if this applies to you, but we are using a Network Extender in our home since we do not have a good cellular signal. If our Network Extender loses its GPS signal, it doesn't know where we are and I found that secure locations did not then. If you are on the Network Extender, when you flick on your screen, the lock screen will say Network Extender in the upper left corner.

Another thing to check is in Settings under Location, make sure location method is set on high accuracy.

Sent from my SM-T900 using Tapatalk
    Good thinking. I was on an extender until about a month ago (got a great new router and don't need the extension any longer). I'm also on a WISP which can lose it's connection often as well as the cell signal is so weak my battery drains quickly. So, considering everything, I'm happy it works as well as it does.
    It's a comfort to know it always locks when away from home.
    SpyglassSally likes this.
    10-04-2015 03:10 PM
    It's a comfort to know it always locks when away from home.
    This morning I was at church and two of my grandchildren, ages 12 and 3, wanted to play games on my phone. I smiled and said "Go ahead, see if you can unlock it. " They were quite sure one of their finger prints would work. We had a lot of giggles as they valiantly tried and failed.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
    10-04-2015 03:52 PM
    Same problem on Xperia Z1 Compact.
    Trusted Places work only if I have the Location setting turned on all the time, otherwise every time I get to a trusted place I have to:
    1. turn on Location and Wi-Fi;
    2. go to Settings>Security>Trust agents and turn Smart Lock off;
    3. go back to Settings;
    4. go to Trust agents and turn Smart Lock on again;
    5. go to Security>Smart Lock and enter my graphic pattern.

It works just fine after that but it's really frustrating to make all these taps every time, and I don't like to keep my Location turned on permanently. Which seems to be the only condition on which Trusted places works normally.
    10-13-2015 04:23 AM
    I've just got this problem with my Nexus 5 on Android 5.0.1.
    It was working fine until a few days ago when it just stopped working without me doing anything to the phone.
    I also get the Google Play Services error pop-up when I click on my home address in Trusted Places, and I don't see a way of deleting it only editing it? Also the Uninstall Updates button is greyed out in Google Play Services, so I can't do that either. The lock button on the home screen still has a pulsating ring around it so that can't be a problem either.

It's so frustrating when something stops working for no discernible reason.

Thank you for this solution. It should be noted that this fix also works for Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
    10-26-2015 11:41 AM
    "Here is what worked for me on my N6 and N9.

Turn off smart unlock on your home and work and remove any other addresses.

under security in the advanced section choose trusted agents
    Turn off smart unlock
    back out (might not be necessary)
    go back in and turn it on

Now add back in your addresses.

Hope this helps."

Worked like a charm on my Nexus 5, thank you!
    11-02-2015 12:41 AM
    Smart Lock has been working again for me ever since I put in several neighbors addresses...most of the time. About once a month I wake up to a request for my lock. Works perfectly in my car though.
    I think I've solved the mystery of why some mornings I'm asked to put in my pin. I now have a Nexus 6P. After a week of use, it requested the pin as opposed to being Smart unlocked, it said something to the effect of: Whenever the device has been unmoved for 4 hours or more, you will be requested to enter in your pin. I have elderly dogs who rarely go 4+ hours without needing to go outside. Sadly, I now know that I rarely sleep more than 4 hours consecutively.
    11-11-2015 10:59 AM
    just a quick confirm. I did exactly as advised, removed and then re did the whole smart lock thing. Works fine now
    11-14-2015 11:52 PM
    I really want to use this convenience, but just how much more fiddling around am I going to do before chucking it?

For pity's sake. Even fingerprint is getting dicey. Perhaps it's time to go back to a simple pattern. For heaven's sake, and I'm an Android fan!

MerpsMom
    01-21-2016 06:02 PM
168 ... 4567