04-30-2017 12:20 PM
158 ... 567
tools
    Sorry for the older post. What worked for me was getting the Trusted Place to go as a set of coordinates rather than a street address. I did this by:

1) Setting Location method to Wifi and Devices (option that doesn't use GPS)
    2) Going into Trusted Locations
    3) Add location
    4) Grant location permission, which turned GPS on, and showed coordinates rather than an address (I'm guessing not enough time to localize to a real address)
    5) Can then leave Location setting with GPS on.

My trusted places shows my Home address and the coordinates associated with my home address. Have done this on two phones and it seems to work.
    04-16-2016 10:08 PM
    Chode, you glorious internet commenter, I think this did the trick!

Nexus 6P, Android 6.01, rooted and xposed.
    06-27-2016 03:14 PM
    I found a 100% solution (Note 4 with Gear S)

It's all about device administrator apps.
    I had exchange client got there and then it got blocked.
    Once removed works fine on spot.

I'm lucky, sure you're too - give it a try
    06-27-2016 05:21 PM
    I bumped this up just to say that Chode Node's suggestion works for the Nougat OS as well.
    02-10-2017 01:53 PM
    Just wanted to let everyone know I tried all the methods in the thread but was not able to get trusted locations working on my Lenovo Phab 2 Pro. I gave up and accidentally fixed my issue. I powered off my Phab 2 Pro and moved my SIM card to another phone to test it out for a few minutes and needed info off my Phab 2 Pro, so I booted it up without the SIM card and noticed the trusted locations was working again. I powered off the Phab 2Pro, put the SIM card back in, booted it back up and location services are still working correctly again.

Just thought I'd share for anyone having the same issue and the previous methods didn't fix it.
    TC Edwards likes this.
    02-17-2017 04:05 PM
    I found a 100% solution (Note 4 with Gear S)

It's all about device administrator apps.
    I had exchange client got there and then it got blocked.
    Once removed works fine on spot.

I'm lucky, sure you're too - give it a try
    Um, WHAT? Care to clarify?
    03-28-2017 07:35 PM
    I've noticed a similar problem from exchange emails being signed in, they require device administrator access and will sometimes force you to change your screen lock method as well.
    I had my school email account signed in to the gmail app and could not use a pattern to unlock, and my roommate also had a problem with using a pattern when his work email was signed in.
    Problem doesn't seem to occur if you use a third party app to access the email account. I used Boxer to get around it.
    03-28-2017 08:12 PM
    Just wanted to let everyone know I tried all the methods in the thread but was not able to get trusted locations working on my Lenovo Phab 2 Pro. I gave up and accidentally fixed my issue. I powered off my Phab 2 Pro and moved my SIM card to another phone to test it out for a few minutes and needed info off my Phab 2 Pro, so I booted it up without the SIM card and noticed the trusted locations was working again. I powered off the Phab 2Pro, put the SIM card back in, booted it back up and location services are still working correctly again.

Just thought I'd share for anyone having the same issue and the previous methods didn't fix it.
    On my phone I had same problem. I noticed if I go to add new location when I'm at home it shows address already saved. But when I zoomed in it changed to a different location in my street. I saved this address. Then went back in and zoomed in again and gave me another address. Also saved it. Did it about 5 times and different addresses in my street. I've saved them all and now it works perfectly at home. Hope that helps.
    04-30-2017 12:20 PM
158 ... 567