Android 5.1 Lollipop Features - Multiple SIMs, Device Protection,

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Android 5.1 gets an official announcement with updates rolling out soon | Android Central

Official Android Blog: Android 5.1: Unwrapping a new Lollipop update

• support for multiple SIM cards
  • Device Protection
  • high definition (HD) voice (on compatible phones).

Whether you want to share your phone with a family member or better manage your mobile costs, Android Lollipop 5.1 now lets you use more than one SIM card on a device with multiple SIM slots.

With Device Protection, your lost or stolen device will remain locked until you sign in with your Google account - even if someone resets your device to factory settings. This feature will be available on most Android phones and tablets shipped with Android 5.1 in addition to Nexus 6 and Nexus 9.

High Definition voice calling is now on your mobile phone. Get crystal clear calling with HD Voice between compatible Android 5.1 devices like the Nexus 6 on T-Mobile or Verizon.

Android 5.1 Lollipop also provides enhancements such as the ability to join Wi-Fi networks and control of your paired Bluetooth devices directly from Quick Settings.

We hope you enjoy these tasty additions to Android Lollipop as you get more out of your Android phone and tablet.

Spallboy

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Sounds like a good update I'm looking forward to getting it.
So with encryption and device protection your pretty much set for data security against most attackers with physical access.

Squashed under a N6

zorak950

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm mostly looking forward to the bug fixes and code optimization, but Device Protection is going to be huge, and is long overdue.

TWC42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
What issue?

On various devices and on various networks and in various countries, the upgrade from KitKat to Lollipop crippled wireless charging. It made phones that use either Qi or PMA chargers useless and in some cases overheating. Google "Lollipop wireless charging" and you will find multiple posts on the problem.

road_kill

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
Ok so here is my question on device protecton and all i need to know is this, from what i got from the article is that it is only for devices that are being released this year or next. So my question is will device protection work for older devices cause it seems like a hardware issue or something?

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
With Device Protection, your lost or stolen device will remain locked until you sign in with your Google account - even if someone resets your device to factory settings.

This nothing new if you have a moto phone and device manager installed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463